Founded in June 2011, Twitch is the world’s leading social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts. Each day, close to 10 million visitors gather to watch and talk about video games with more than 2 million streamers. We invite you to join the millions of people who come to Twitch to stream, view, and interact around these shared passions together.
By the Numbers
Why do people stream?
- 9.7 million daily active users
- 2+ million unique streamers per month
- 17+ thousand members of the Twitch Partner Program
- 106 minutes watched per person per day
- 2+ million peak concurrent sitewide viewers
- 46+ million raised by the Twitch community for charity
It’s fun and represents a compelling new social network to connect with friends and fans over a shared love of games and creative projects. Many streamers are making a living on Twitch based solely on how they entertain and interact with their audiences.
Why are people watching Twitch?
What are they watching?
- People enjoy watching others who are highly skilled or extremely entertaining when it involves a shared interest.
- Twitch is an honest means of discovery proven to influence video game purchase decisions.
- Twitch is more than a spectator experience; it is social video that relies on audio and chat to enable streamers and their audiences to interact in real-time about everything from gaming and pop culture to life in general.
- Games: Every game and game genre is on Twitch!
- User Generated Programming: Original content created by community members, whether it’s casual gaming with friends, a unique subculture like speedrunning, or a Twitch Plays game built with chat-driven gameplay.
- Esports: Competitive gaming has its own ecosystem with shows and events dedicated to this growing sport. Twitch features the top teams, leagues, players, talk shows and every major event.
- Publishers/Developers: Every major video game publisher and developer has a Twitch channel.
- Editorial: All of the top video game media sites have a Twitch channel to bring live content to their readers.
- Events: Conventions all over the world have embraced Twitch for panels, press conferences and show floor activities.
- Twitch Creative: This is a destination for artists to showcase the creative process, whether it’s painting a picture, composing a song or cooking a meal. Rules for the Creative channel are outlined here.