Information Security Analyst II - San Diego
WHO WE ARE - Millennium Health is a leading health solutions company that delivers accurate, timely, clinically actionable information to inform the right treatment decisions for each patient. Millennium Health offers a comprehensive suite of services including Millennium PGT and Millennium UDT, which can be used to better tailor patient care. More information can be found at www.millenniumhealth.com.
This individual will be responsible for assisting with information security operations and projects.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Analyze and resolve security alerts
- Analyze security event logs
- Analyze potentially suspicious email to determine if it is phishing, spam or legitimate
- Perform vulnerability scans and analyze results
- Perform data discovery scans and analyze results
- Ongoing configuration and maintenance of security tools to improve performance and Company's security posture
- Assist internal users with security related questions and issues
- Work with 3rd party managed security service vendors
- Complete special information security projects as directed
- Act as a constant advocate for security
- Other duties as assigned
Remains aware of evolving needs and opportunities, showing flexibility in doing whatever is appropriate to support the Company's success. Pursues educational opportunities to maintain advanced and up-to-date knowledge in the field. Performs all other related duties as required and assigned and understands that the items in this description are not all-inclusive.
- Strong desire to understand and prevent information security threats
- Ability to correlate multiple security log sources and events
- Understanding of network defense principles, common attack vectors, and attacker techniques
- Understanding of basic networking technologies (TCP and UDP protocols)
- Ability to understand the technical requirements and operations of AppDev, Data Services, DevOps, Help Desk, Lab Systems, QA and Systems Engineering departments.
- Ability to communicate across all levels in an organization
- Ability to learn new technologies with minimal guidance
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and tasking
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This position will require the following physical requirements; sitting (75%), walking (15%), standing (10%), lifting up to (10 pounds)
- This position will require the following mental requirements; Ability to reason through problems to reach solutions, troubleshooting ability, effective written and verbal communications skills and ability to see, type, speak on phone and work with various departments within the Company.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- This position will require the following mental requirements; while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high pressure/high stress situations. He/she works in a typical office environment and is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel to job sites and other offices is required. Must be able to travel and work extended schedule as needed.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or related field/equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years experience with Darktrace desirable
- 2-3 years experience with Crowdstrike desirable
- 2-3 years experience with Proofpoint desirable
- 2-3 years experience with LogRhythm desirable
- 2-3 years experience securing AWS desirable
- Experience analyzing raw log files, particularly logs from network or host-based security tools
- Experience analyzing packet captures
- Experience working with internal users via a ticketing system
Millennium Health offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package.
Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and E-Verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status
San Diego, California, United States