APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The Assistant Director of Graduate and Professional Admissions serves to provide leadership, industry expertise and overarching supervision of specific Program Representatives within the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions. The primary focus of this position is to support Graduate and Professional Admission's overall enrollment and revenue goals by providing vision and innovation to prospective students and applicants for one or more programs.
- Bachelor's Degree required; master's degree preferred.
- Four-Seven years of professional experience working with people in a customer service and/or recruiting/sales environment. Previous admissions experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated advancement in leadership roles.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to improve efficiency, effectiveness and customer service.
- Experience using database systems and data to inform decisions.
- Assists with overarching supervision of the recruitment division as part of the Graduate Admissions Leadership Team. Stands in for Associate Director and Director as Needed.
- Assists with recruitment project management in the office. This includes information meeting expansion and improvement, Graduate School Fair recruitment oversight, development and maintenance of New Student Welcome Site and admissions recruitment google wiki training site.
- Maintains and monitors recruitment office functionality to support the university's Graduate Enrollment and revenue goals.
- Leads and supervises specific Program Representative Team members in the midst of ever-changing technology. This includes hiring, coaching and improving professional development direction etc.
- Travels to and attends relevant technical and industry related conferences to keep abreast of current enrollment management technologies and other recruitment/enrollment trends.
- Serves as the primary recruitment departmental resource of customer service related issues.
- Assists with providing accurate and timely data and partners with the Director and other members of the Admissions leadership staff in data analysis.
- Collaborates with the Associate Director and Director of Graduate Recruitment to seek opportunities for effectiveness and efficiency improvements.
- Assists with leading the recruitment office division to bring exceptional customer service to all graduate students, staff and academic departments, supporting university enrollment goals.
- Serves as a Program Representative to prospective students and applicants for one or more programs.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Required to work one Saturday commencement event (Winter or Spring) a calendar year.
- Committed to a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values diversity.
- Support, affirm, and sustain the beliefs, values, and mission of the university in all facets of one's role and through the university's daily living expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills, excellent communication and problem solving skills, ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion.
- Ability to develop and deliver public presentations.
- Office Management and Organizational Skills.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
- Ability to affirm, support and sustain the identity statements in agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Possess a high level of initiative.
- Ability to learn, retain and document procedures and policy information.
- Ability to cope with regular interruptions.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
- Availability to drive and travel locally and on occasion, nationally. Must be currently licensed to drive in the state of California.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Reading/Viewing instructions, documentation and printed application materials in both physical and digital formats.
- Ability to drive and travel locally within the community and to other APU facilities.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature
- Proficient in Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with People Soft preferred.
Grade 10: $53,950 - $70,135
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here:
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check (including DMV check) on all final candidates.
Azusa, California, United States