APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
This position specializes in the timely and accurate processing and maintenance of admissions related data and documents inside the university student information system. This role supports university enrollment by synchronously updating student records as inquiries and applicants progress through the admissions lifecycle. Other functions of this position are to assist the Director and other Data Processing Specialists with special projects and data audits.
- High School Diploma; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Two years of general office experience with a working knowledge of database systems and Microsoft Office Products.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Create and maintain new application files and inquires in the university student information system.
- Receive and track new admissions documents and update application checklists.
- Prepare files and ensure data accuracy and file integrity for academic department reviews.
- Responsible for generating and sending admissions related printed communications to students.
- Responsible for managing applicant records, degree choices, and admission status changes for all student files.
- Request and process all internal transcripts for alumni applicants from APU registrars' offices.
- Work with the university cashier to process and log application fees.
- Provide customer service and support to the Program Representatives' data needs regarding applicants and inquiries.
- Ensure proper file preparation, delivery and upload into the university document imaging system.
- Verify accurate data migration between technical systems and conduct data cleanup when necessary.
- Assist with the training and oversight of student employees.
- Conduct periodic audits and quality control assessments on admissions data and applicant files.
- Support, affirm, and sustain the beliefs, values, and mission of the university in all facets of one's role and through the university's daily living expectations.
- Committed to a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values diversity.
- Required to work one Saturdaycommencement event (Winter or Spring) a calendar year.
- Help with mail processing and photocopying as needed.
- Assist Program Representatives with concerns and questions.
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Typing minimum 50 words per minute with accuracy.
- Organizational skills with the ability to produce high quantity without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff and students.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and discretion. Ability to work under pressure with distractions, and able to keep confidential information.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Presents self in a professional manner reflecting the goals and standards of APU.
- In agreement with the purpose and mission of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Communication with others, requiring face to face, telephone and email contact.
- Walking to various offices on campus.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 30 lbs.
- Computer monitor, inquiries from various electronic and hand written sources.
- Busy, time sensitive turn around, high energy office.
- Microsoft Office Products: Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here:
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check (including DMV check) on all final candidates.
Azusa, United States