Ke`aki Technologies LLC, is a Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO) owned business. A premier government services company, Ke’aki Technologies, LLC offers a full spectrum of solutions that improve the performance and operational effectiveness of our government and Department of Defense customers. Our mission synchronized solutions are designed to deliver exactly what our customers need, when they need it. From base and range operations to biomedical defense support to telecommunications and IT services, we deliver the exact talent, tools and technologies needed to meet mission requirements.
The candidate shall serve as a Virology Principal Investigator and will conduct basic and applied research on current and emerging viral threats, in support of the biodefense and infectious disease program. The Principal investigator will work in BSL-3 and BSL-4 laboratories. They must hold and maintain BPRP status, IAW the provisions of this contract and applicable regulations. This position supports our work at USAMRIID at Ft. Detrick, MD.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Seek funding from DTRA and other funding agencies on behalf of the Government and USAMRIID to further the research portfolio of the Division and USAMRIID. Establish and coordinate extramural collaborations and contracts to augment the research program he or she directs. Amount of funding per year will vary depending on current mission requirements and USAMRIID’s available funding.
- Coordinate and collaborate with scientists within the Division and the Institute on in vivo and in vitro studies to evaluate medical countermeasures against infectious diseases.
- As a Principal Investigator, the candidate will draft technical reports and manuscripts for publication each year. The candidate will present work at Scientific Meetings each year, which may require CONUS and OCONUS travel.
- Provides recurring technical reports
- PhD + 12 years’ experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- MS Office
- Publications, posters, and conference presentation experience
- In vivo experience with the following species: Nonhuman primates and rodents
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) experience
- Working knowledge of the Animal Welfare Act
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations such as Investigational New Drugs, etc
- Capable of coordinating cost and schedule with a project team
- BSL 3 experience
- Willingness to work in BSL 4
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience writing grant proposals
- Experience working on studies for industry sponsors and other government agencies
- BSL 4 experience
- SSBI must be scheduled by OPM prior to start
- SECRET or TOP SECRET would expedite the process
- Enrollment in the Biological Personnel Reliability Program (BPRP) for handling select agents - he or she must maintain enrollment. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements as regulated by Army Regulation 50-1 (AR 50-1)- http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/ar50-1.pdf
Ke`aki Technologies LLC is a fast growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Ke`aki Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
For additional information on Ke`aki Technologies, LLC, please visit www.keakitech.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.