- Installs, maintains, and repairs ship's main propulsion and auxiliary systems including, but not limited to: Steam, Gas Turbine, Diesel propulsion, propulsion shafting, propellers, rudders, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, and steering systems. Installs, maintains, and repairs ship's sub-systems including, but not limited to: pumps, compressors, purifiers, heat exchanges, hydraulic/electric motor operators, valves, fluid control components/assemblies, and fluid/air/hydraulic systems.
- Tests installed equipment to ensure system meets specifications. Installs and tests various shop equipment.
- Effectively assists in the disassembly, match-marking, and cleaning, inspection and re-assembly of equipment/components such as: pumps, motors, various valves, etc.
- Accomplishes tasks under minimal supervision; able to follow directions/technical guidance accurately.
- Effectively uses general hand, pneumatic, and electrical tools as well as precision measuring tools; such as: micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, etc.
- Effectively and safely operates necessary shop equipment; such as but not limited to, hydraulic presses, drill presses, band saws, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and drawings.
- Possesses the ability to conduct pump/motor alignments.
- Knowledgeable in Navy WAF and Tag Out systems; able to develop, submit, and / or close out WAFS, to include verification and concurrence of all tag out requirements necessary to safely perform work.
- Trains less experienced outside machinists.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in mechanical ship repair.
- Must have personal basic tools required to accomplish general tasks.
- Must be able to pass a pre employment drug screen and background check.
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41905Fax
: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspaol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.