|Requisition Number||04090 Maint Lead|
|Description||Please note: Completion of applicant profile is required. Before submission, take a moment to review your profile within the "edit your profile" tab. Data entered into the job application is assessed for ability to follow directions. Incomplete job applications will not be considered.|
Resume will be greatly appreciated, but is not required to apply.
Title: Building Technician Lead
Reports to: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
A. BASIC PURPOSE:
The Building Technician Lead reports to the Facilities manager and is responsible for the effective operation of the environmental, mechanical and electrical operations systems of the facility including but are not limited to heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, major refrigeration systems, electrical lighting and distribution and water treatment.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. Monitor the environmental and protection systems for the facility and perform the scheduled preventative maintenance and general maintenance on the mechanical/electrical systems, HVAC systems and life safety equipment
2. Respond to all facility alarms, mechanical/electrical system failures and any incidents during regular hours and after hours when on call to file proper incident reports
3. Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety Legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and practices.
4. Oversee maintenance Department and employee schedules and duties.
5. Properly maintain the aquatics department equipment and able to maintain inspections for the overall condition and system integrity.
6. Provide technical support and create scopes of work for repairs, projects and services contracts for equipment for the facility.
7. Position will work closely with other staff members to prescribe daily, weekly, monthly, reports on equipment.
8. Follow established protocols for the periodic check of systems and the servicing of emergency lights, water heaters, security systems, fire systems and HVAC equipment.
9. Develop skills, attend continuing education sessions and attain personal qualifications standards (having a personal understanding of the fire system, water shut down, equipment operation, etc.) to ensure the technical competency and teamwork required to provide quality service.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
|Requirements||C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:|
1. Education Requirements
Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalency, Journeyman Electrical License preferred and/or alternative contractor certification or license.
a. Minimum 2 years plumbing, electrical, HVAC, landscaping experience preferred.
b. Demonstrated ability to work without supervision.
c. Demonstrated ability to maintain adequate inventory levels.
d. Ability to reason and problem-solving skills.
e. Excellent attention to detail.
f. Ability to balance multiple tasks at once.
g. Must be willing to work a varied shift (nights, weekends, etc.)
h. May be required to work flexible hours, weekends and evenings.
i. Be self-motivated and self-directed with the ability and desire to take projects from beginning through completion.
j. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to carry out multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
D. Physical Requirements:
This position requires:
a. Ability to kneel, squat, bend, lift, climb, and stand for prolonged periods of time.
b. Ability to grasp, push and pull objects and reach overhead.
c. Ability to lift and carry 75 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform the essential duties with or without accommodation.