|Location : City||San Luis Obispo|
JOB OBJECTIVES:Perform grounds duties, equipment installation, upkeep, repairs and preventative maintenance. Requiring knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, HVAC, and/or building automation system. Independently carries out preventative maintenance skills for HVAC, electrical and/or plumbing equipment. Works independently with high level of troubleshooting skills.
Provide project management responsibilities for facility projects including but not limited to collaborating with PBI internal customers as required to support the safety and reliability of equipment and facilities systems, obtaining quotes and orders from external vendors or contractors, scheduling work in coordination with production and business activities, ensuring project completion and closeout of activities.
1. Perform a wide variety of general building and equipment installation, modification, repair work and preventative maintenance. This includes, but is not limited to electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting, carpentry, floor repair and other general building, varied equipment and systems work.
2. Perform HVAC, boiler, compressed air, refrigeration and other building systems trouble shooting. Identify and recommend the most effective, efficient, and timely course of repair action.
3. Assist in the prioritization and documentation of repair and preventative maintenance activities; provide follow-up information regarding status of assigned tasks.
4. Monitor and rectify facility, life safety and equipment alarms. Personnel will have 'on call' responsibilities. This responsibility may require visits to the facilities during non-business hours (including weekends and holidays) to address refrigeration and building systems problems as needed.
5. Assist in equipment set-up, disassembly, storage, and troubleshooting problems.
6. Install and modify facility furniture projects.
7. Assist in facility grounds keeping tasks.
8. Understands and applies job safety standards and protocols for type of work being performed.
9. Assist with requisitions for building maintenance supplies, spare parts, material and equipment; monitor inventory; load and unload supplies. Assist in obtaining cost quotes and preparing cost estimates and schedules for maintenance projects.
10. Perform routine site inspections of the facilities and mechanical equipment to verify and document system operating conditions.
11. Understand and comply with all elements of the PBI quality system appropriate for this position.
12. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Perform custodial related tasks as required.
2. This person must be flexible to changing maintenance needs and must be willing to adjust work schedule as required to meet departmental and company objectives.
3. Assist in various other Facility Services support activities as required or directed to assure and maintain a safe, efficient, and productive work environment.
4. Perform material movement activities including but not limited to the moving of furniture, office supplies, process and laboratory equipment, documents, literature, packing materials, etc.
1. Associate's Degree in related facility maintenance or trade field, or high school diploma and equivalent experience.
2. Minimum 5 years' experience in building maintenance or related field, building HVAC, and/or building automation systems. High level of expertise in at least one building maintenance related discipline and a good working knowledge of general maintenance.
3. Ability to use a wide range of hand and power tools effectively and safely.
4. Ability to work flexible hours and be on call as required.
5. Proven ability for problem solving and trouble shooting.
6. Good reading, comprehension and writing skills.
7. Good verbal communication skills for moderately complex situations.
8. Ability to use standard computer applications.
9. Ability to maintain a positive, productive, and flexible work attitude with a willingness to adjust scheduled work hours to meet facility maintenance needs and do what it takes to get the job done.
10. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
11. Independent self-starter with positive attitude and above average organizational skills.
12. Ability to work with a team.
13. Must possess a valid driver's license and clear DMV record.
1. Technical training/certification in any of the following fields: HVAC, refrigeration, welding, electrical.
2. Knowledge of building mechanical and electrical systems and components including HVAC, refrigeration, boiler, facility automation systems and direct digital controls, fire alarm systems, and security systems.
3. Good communication skills to interact with all Promega personnel and the ability to communicate effectively regarding maintenance issues and customer requests.
4. Experience working with laboratory equipment in a laboratory type environment.
1. Ability to occasionally move objects ranging in weight up to 100 pounds up to one hour per day and 50 pounds occasionally throughout the day to perform building related construction and maintenance work.
2. Must be able to stand for long periods.
3. Ability to work in areas of limited space.
4. Ability to climb ladders daily.
5. Ability to drive motorized equipment.
6. Ability to work in varying environmental temperatures.
7. Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with safety procedures.
Promega Biosciences, located in San Luis Obispo, blends innovative research in chemistry with excellence in manufacturing to meet the rapidly changing needs of the scientific community. We synthesize and manufacture essential reagents to help Promega succeed as a life science leader.
Our areas of expertise include synthesis, process design and scale-up, and commercial manufacturing (grams to kilograms) of modified luciferins and coelenterazines. These pro-bioluminescent products aid in life science research. We bring pride, passion, and purpose to our work and the products we provide.
Promega Biosciences offers its employees a work environment that encourages creativity, work-life balance, and personal and professional growth. We support community involvement and are committed to being good stewards and reducing our impact on the environment. Promega fosters a positive, fun, and warm family culture. To learn more about our values, please visit our Corporate Responsibility website.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including comprehensive medical insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k matching, company-paid life insurance, time-off benefits, and more.
Our San Luis Obispo facility is at the heart of California's beautiful central coast. San Luis Obispo is a destination for wine aficionados, nature lovers, and pleasure-seekers alike. You might enjoy views of the Pacific Ocean from one of our scenic Nine Sisters, a chain of volcanic peaks that run along the coast. Or, spend a day gallivanting around the many wineries, local boutiques, and renowned restaurants in the area. Proclaimed as the "happiest town in the USA", our community provides a rich and rewarding place to live and play. To learn more about San Luis Obispo, check out the VisitSLO website.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.