|Location ||San Diego - CA, US |
|Entity ||ASML US, LLC |
|Experience ||3-7 years |
|Team ||Other corporate functions |
|Job category ||Other job categories |
|Travel || |
|Reference ||req12788 |
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. * 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Assists in the development and implementation of Environmental Health and Safety programs to address government regulations/standards, fully addressing their implications on the facility. Develops, presents, and ensures the completion of any employee training in Environmental Health and Safety policy and procedures. Researches industry "Best-Practices" to ensure world class leadership in EHS. Performs risk assessments and recommends corrective actions in R&D and Manufacturing environments. Ensures a thorough investigation of incidents. Uses knowledge to develop solutions and engage resources to implement improvements to Environmental Health and Safety issues/challenges.
- Improve EHS workplace performance by promoting an incident-free work place, identifying and mitigating EHS risk and implementing safety and environmental management systems in accordance with regulations, corporate compliance policies and standards.
- Communicates all findings, concerns, and deficiencies to the responsible managers to effect timely and necessary corrections.
- Develops and implements strategic solutions that will support management's efforts to improve and maintain compliance as required.
- Performs duties related to the hazard identification and control process, safe work planning, inspection and assessment, incident investigation, hazardous materials/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, training, safe work procedure development, and regulatory compliance recordkeeping and documentation.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs while enhancing quality of services.
- Conduct necessary safety trainings for employees and ensure compliance and understanding.
- Guide and direct departments toward compliance with local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations, and corporate compliance polices.
- Facilitate and engage business unit teams and team members to drive projects that will lead to reductions in accidents, energy use, and waste minimization.
- Ensure timely submittal of required state, federal and/or local environmental and safety regulatory reports.
- Participate in Safety Committees and team meetings.
- Conduct inspections and audits throughout the entire manufacturing facility to identify existing or potential hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures.
- Assist in incident investigations and problem solving.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of federal, state and local OSHA regulations, safety codes and environmental quality regulations.
- Conduct safety risk assessments and environmental risk assessments.
- Write and implement new safety procedures.
- Conduct ergonomics evaluations, prepares associated documentation and provides employee workstation ergonomic recommendations.
- Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results.
- Support workers' compensation and loss prevention programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in environmental, health and safety or related scientific field.
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures used to accomplish the job. Require a minimum of eight (8) years of related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is essential. Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and / or compliance officers is required.
- Experience working in manufacturing, construction, and facility maintenance and management is beneficial.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
As required by local authority (if required). Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) - Preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- In depth knowledge of EHS regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Uses strong project management skills in facilitating projects/activities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Responsibilities include periodic travel to regional and overseas sites for product technical support and special support projects.
- Work may include onsite technical support involving heavy lifting of equipment & modules.
- Position will require technical work activity in a clean-room production environment and/or laboratory setting.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and may be exposed to toxic gases (fluorine).
- Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE