McKesson Medical-Surgical has openings for a Field Operations Black Belt to be domicile in and support improvement initiatives in our DC network.
Plans, performs and implements LSS process improvement initiatives to drive standardization of processes across the DC distribution network. Process mapping existing processes looks for non-value-added activities that can be eliminated or streamlined to reduce operational expense. The position will organize, lead and facilitate cross-functional project teams to implement sustainable improvements. Making fact-based data decisions by leveraging data analysis skills to pull, review and develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities. Collects data to identify root cause of problems and measures performance against process requirements. Able to predict shortfalls and navigate through the challenge through a consultative approach using of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality. May deliver presentations and training to include measurement, analysis, improvement, control and lean methodology. Collaborates with the Field Operations LSS team to analyze and implement best practices for techniques and processes.
- 2+ years experience, optimally in project management or process improvement.
- 2+ years working on process improvement projects in distribution centers
- 1+ years using business analysis to improve processes
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to build trusted relationships, listen to problems and help identify potential solutions.
- Self-starter with initiative to identify opportunities, identify the people needed to build solutions and drive the project to successful completion
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Financial modeling expertise is a plus
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence
- Experience with process mapping
- Knowledge of project management or PMP certification
- Lean Six Sigma skills or certification preferred
- 4-year degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent field experience
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
- General Office Demands
- Position will travel up to 75%
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.