Collaborates with other educators, managers, physicians, and other healthcare providers to develop, design, deliver and evaluate/improve education strategies and programs/classes based on member/patient and needs, as well as department, organizational goals/objectives and regulatory needs.
- Conducts educational needs assessments to design and develop programs to meet regulatory requirements and organizational, departmental needs.
- Coordinates implements and evaluates programs.
- Communicates and markets education programs to a broad target audience using appropriate methods, and based on identified/assessed needs.
- Makes assessment of physiological and /or functional status using protocols, initiates appropriate interventions.
- Develops individualized member/patient/family education plan focusing on self-management, delivers member/patient/family education (individual or group) specific to disease state.
- Provides direct group or one-on-one health education services to members and the public.
- Reviews and recommends high quality, culturally appropriate written and audio visual health content.
- Consults with physicians and other health care providers re: member/patient specific clinical and health related issues and education needs.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary care teams and committees.
- Collects data; plans and prepares reports for performance improvement and/or quality assurance audits.
- Makes recommendations for cost/quality strategies, works within budget.
- Serves as expert clinical resource to staff and departments in defining and meeting educational, clinical, quality and cost outcomes and performance measures.
- Participates in establishing department policies and protocols that support regulatory standards (JOINT commission, NCQA, MediCal).
- Two (2) years of previous teaching experience required.
- Two (2) years of recent (within the last five (5) years) related clinical experience*.
*Related clinical experience must be defined within the posting notes, specific to the department of hire - adult critical care, med/surg, MCH, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or four (4) years of equivalent experience required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current California RN license required.
- Adult learning and behavior change knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and group facilitator/process skills.
- Computer literacy skills required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- BLS instructor preferred.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point preferred.
- Schedule includes rotating weekends.
- Position needs IBCLC certification and is for Lactation Consultant.