Senior Application Engineer - Code Gen & Verification Job Summary
- Job: 22632-TREM
The growth of model-based design, automatic code generation and verification has created increased demand for MATLAB and Simulink products in Southern California. Join the Application Engineering team as a Product Specialist to support complex production deployments of MATLAB and Simulink. You will focus on automatic code generation, verification and validation through long-term technical engagements with key customers. You will work primarily with aerospace customers, pushing the frontiers of science and engineering.
This role is a full-time staff position, based in Torrance, CA. Responsibilities
- Lead technical engagements with key customers to evaluate and integrate model-based design, automatic code generation, verification and validation tools into a production software development process.
- Collaborate with account teams to articulate the value of model-based design, and implementation plans.
- Develop custom extensions to MATLAB/Simulink in C++/MATLAB/Java to address unique customer requirements
- Document customer requirements and work with MathWorks software development staff to ensure requirements are implemented correctly in future versions of MATLAB/Simulink.
- Travel periodically for customer presentations, planning discussions and on-site technical meetings (up to 25%).
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- MS or Ph.D. in Engineering or Computer Science is strongly preferred.
- Experience with model-based design tools and workflows
- Experience with safety critical software development processes, such as DO-178B/C, ISO 26262 or IEC61508
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink or similar graphical modeling/code generation tools.
- Experience with systems engineering methodology
- Strong desire and ability to work with customers and turn their needs into actionable plans.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with ability to multi-task based upon frequently changing business opportunities and external demands.
- Embedded software development experience in C/C++.
- Object oriented software design and development experience
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job alerts, stories, and company updates.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters .