The Vertex Fellowship is a unique training program that provides didactic training and experiential learning about the science and medicine of drug discovery. The fellowship intends to attract outstanding scientists and physicians who have completed their PhD and/or MD degree within the previous 5 years. Fellows come to Vertex for a customized one-year experience in which they are embedded within project teams, providing hands-on experience with real-world R&D problems. The program is directed by our EVP and Chief Scientific Officer, with the involvement of many other Vertex senior leaders.
Why be a Vertex Fellow?
* Help patients by contributing to the development of transformative medicines
* Learn about drug discovery to build and accelerate your career
* Advance a scientific idea rapidly in a team-based environment
* Receive mentorship from scientific, medical and business leaders at Vertex
* Become a member of the Vertex Fellows network and develop connections internally and externally
This program starts in September 2020 and ends early August 2021.
* Candidate must have earned a MD, PhD or joint degree
* 0-5 years relevant post graduate experience
* Demonstrated evidence of scientific impact (e.g. through significant publications, presentations or awards)
* Demonstrated evidence of creative thinking and scientific problem solving
* Outstanding communication ability
* Strong team player
* Proven ability to drive to results
* Interest in the intersection of medicine and drug discovery research
Fellows Program Timeline:
Applications for the Vertex Fellows '20-'21 class will be accepted from November 15, 2019- January 15, 2020. Candidates of interest will be notified in February 2020 and invited for interviews at Vertex's Boston headquarters the week of March 2, 2020. Selected candidates will receive formal offers in mid-late March 2020. Fellows '20-'21 class members will start at Vertex (Boston, San Diego, or Oxford, UK) on mutually agreed upon dates between July 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.