|Description||The Salvation Army Mission Statement:|
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Youth Worker is responsible for carrying out tasks and develop new programs related to TSA youth programs and troops. Assist with various duties in the office as assigned by the Corps Officer.
* Plan, Coordinate, and Lead children's Sunday School classes
* Develop, plan, and coordinate junior soldiers, and troops (Sunbeams, Corps Cadets, Adventure Corps, etc.)
* Plan and coordinate special youth activities and events throughout the year.
* Keep all attendance records. Prepare and submit all statistical youth reports as required by DHQ.
* Encourage people int the youth programs of the Corps in their Christian faith, developments, and evangelism.
* Be responsible to make quarterly report on activities and progress with youth attendance.
* Plan and lead the teen group (ages 13-18).
* Adhere to and implement all Protect the Mission (PTM) policies.
* Coordinate and attend DART's groups throughout the year.
* Responsible for Children's summer camps. Fill assigned spots, submitting paperwork, communicating with parents and driving/picking up children to and from summer camps assigned.
* Responsible for coordinating, attending and chaperone youth camps.
* Distribute outreach material in order to promote Corps programs in the community.
* Assist in Christmas and other Holiday activities as directed by the Corps Officer.
o Assist with fundraising efforts of the Corps
o Help with the planning, executing, and participation of the Holiday services
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Valid California Driver's License
* Preferred 2 years of experience with kids and youth Christian programs
* Computer literate: MS office (ie. Word, Excel, PPT etc.) and program software
* Commitment to the mission and standards of The Salvation Army
* Exhibit a positive Christian attitude and behavior at all times
* The Salvation Army is a church with standards of accountability, integrity and deportment. As an employee you will abide by these standards while on duty.
* Must be minimum 21 years of age
* Bilingual, English/Spanish, both oral and written skills.
* Flexible and available on evenings and weekends.
* Leadership skills and able to work well with volunteers.
* Responsible and punctual.
* Interest and experience working with youth.
* Must possess the ability to work under pressure
PC CD ROM Printer Scanner Fax Machine
Copy Machine Calculator Telephone
Miscellaneous office equipment including but not limited to staplers, three-hole punch, etc.
* Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis.
* Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead
* Ability to operate telephone
* Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
|Requirements||The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: The Salvation Army is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at The Salvation Army are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. The Salvation Army will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics."|