|Requisition Number||04180 Front Desk Weekend OGC|
|Title||Front Desk Clerk|
|Description||Please note: An application is a legal document. Completion of applicant profile is required. Before submission, take a moment to review your profile within the "edit your profile" tab. Data entered into the job application is assessed for ability to follow directions. Incomplete job applications will not be considered.|
Resume will be greatly appreciated, but is not required to apply.
Job Title: Front Desk
Work Location: Oakland Garden Center
Employment Status: Part Time - 12:30am - 8:30am Graveyard - Weekends 16 Hours - Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $13.80 per hour
Reports to: Supervisor/Officer Staff
The Front Desk is responsible for the safety and security of those who are receiving services at The Oakland Garden Center. They will treat all individuals accessing services with dignity and respect while enforcing our policies and procedures. They will provide crisis intervention, information and referral s of services to individual and clients seeking services. Any special or unusual concern is to be brought to the immediate attention of the case worker or Supervisor/Officer Staff.
Qualifications - Education and Experience
Education and experience commensurate with the duties and responsibilities required. Candidate will be able to work with various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations. Candidate will demonstrate good written and oral communication skills, knowledge of social services network, and commitment to non-violence in all interactions. Bi-lingual skills or multi-cultural experience are preferred for this position. The individual hired for this position cannot participate in any form of substance abuse or show evidence of abuse while performing their duties or while present on Salvation Army property. The candidate will show respect for the goals and objectives of The Salvation Army.
Skills and Knowledge
Customer Service, crisis intervention and mediation skills are essential to this position. Skill to apply procedures and operate varied equipment for purposes of performing standard operations.
A part time commitment typically requires 16 hours per week,
Main shift 12:30am - 8:30am Graveyard. Schedule and shifts may vary dependent upon staffing needs.
Significant impact on program operations. Work is done under general supervision in accordance with general procedures or policies but with latitude for exercise of independent judgment. Decisions and actions are subject to prior approval in unusual cases.
Staff must maintain an organized work area, files, etc. contributing to the efficiency and accuracy of work within the assigned work day and avoiding unnecessary overtime.
1. Must adhere to all Salvation Army policies and procedures.
2. Must maintain the integrity of confidential communications or activities.
3. Must maintain professional, courteous and cooperative manner with all THQ, DHQ and field personnel, clients, and outside contacts and demonstrate respect and a positive attitude toward them at all times.
4. Must be a team player, take initiative and be flexible in assisting others and to the best of the employee's ability, ensure accurate and timely work objectives.
1. Maintain ongoing professional relationship in all clients
(note confidentiality and professional guideline requirements).
2. Provide security and safety of the facility and shelter program.
3. Know and enforce all facility rules, guidelines and expectations.
4. Provided crisis intervention, both in-person and on the phone.
5. Provide information and referral, housing search assistance, etc. to clients.
6. Maintain all program materials in an appropriate manner.
7. Completion of assigned paperwork and statistical data in an accurate and timely manner.
8. Be familiar with and enforce neighborhood agreements, zoning constraints and funding contracts related to the program and the program rules/policies.
9. Attend all staff meetings as assigned.
10. Must remain awake at all times while on the job for the safety and security of thee clients and staff.
11. Log pertinent information in a timely fashion.
12. Advocate, support and encourage personal empowerment of the client.
13. Regular and punctual attendance is required.
14. Maintaining janitorial duties which will include (maintain front office area and garbage duties).
15. Perform basic data entry with special attention to detail and confidentiality
16. Provide administrative and program support to case management staff and administration.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
2. Networked PC's and Printer
3. Fax Machine/Copier