Please review the page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
Nicknamed The Greatest Stadium in the World, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum has hosted college football, professional football, two Olympics, a World Series game and numerous concerts since 1923. As the home for Trojan Football, the Coliseum has become a symbol for University excellence and spirit. USC has committed $270 million to Coliseum renovations to guarantee its continuing presence as a premiere stadium well into the future, serving all Angelenos and Trojans alike.
We are seeking a Private Event Sales Manager to join our rapidly growing team.
As our Private Event Sales Manager, you will manage and direct private event opportunities to achieve revenue goals by outwardly targeting and marketing to high value national, local, and internal USC accounts. You will need to be the driving force behind retaining University values of excellence. You will help our team to ensure that all events are memorable for our guests, and that the needs of our athletes and entertainers are met.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with catering sales managers to discuss performance, revenue, and developmental goals. Coordinate quarterly marketing agenda to represent team at wedding and graduation expositions.
- Monitor daily/weekly payroll accountability through Kronos, ensuring team members are following standard procedures & USC policies. Manage staff's daily responsibilities. Train, coach, develop, and counsel employees. Provide performance evaluations and reviews. Assist in hiring of new employees.
- Work closely with banquet manager and senior manager of USC Hospitality, Special Events & Catering to promote a structured catering department and ensure optimal delivery to our clients and guests. Develop strategic business and marketing plan.
- Facilitate site visits and walk-throughs for prospective clients. Prepare, negotiate, and produce contracts for clients. Address questions, concerns, and issues. Meet with clients on-site on day of event.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients. Conduct weekly sales calls to promote the hotel and banquets. Attend networking events.
- Complex understanding of academic calendar and subsequent busy periods. Knowledge of all venues and campus catering areas.
- Provide clear verbal and written communication to staff on event information.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and service quality control.
- Coordinate rentals with outside vendors, as necessary.
- Review final invoices and close out accounts. Balance revenue in preparation of daily sales report. Oversee reporting, including revenue trend and loss per month, market analysis and strategies, sales per department, catering manager revenue production, daily/weekly forecast, and budget control. Assist with the annual budget process. Provide financial weekly and monthly projections to Directors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience: 3 years.
- Hotel or convention center sales management and marketing experience required.
- Experience organizing and managing events, such as individual business travel, conventions, corporate meetings, trainings, luncheons, weddings, and other special occasions.
- Thorough knowledge of sales, marketing and business management. Knowledge of the principles, practices, concepts and methodology of sales and marketing. Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
What We Prefer:
- Master's Degree.
- 5 years of experience.
- Experience in a sales driven role.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don't believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum educationMinimum Experience: 3 yearsMinimum Field of Expertise: Hotel or convention center sales management and marketing experience required. Experience organizing and managing events, such as individual business travel, conventions, corporate meetings, trainings, luncheons, weddings, and other special occasions. Thorough knowledge of sales, marketing and business management. Knowledge of the principles, practices, concepts and methodology of sales and marketing. Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.