|Description||The Salvation Army|
Modesto Corps Community Center
POSITION: Administrative Assistant / Event and Volunteer Coordinator
SUPERVISED BY: Corps Officers
SCHEDULE: Full-Time 40 hrs per week - Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
|Requirements||DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Provide administration assistance for The Salvation Army Administration building that would
a. Compose and type routine letters to staff and other city agencies as needed.
b. Open mail, sort and answer routine correspondence.
c. Answer phones and take messages
d. Assist in preparation of letters, emails and other forms of correspondence with donors,
community members, employees and other individuals.
2. Work closely with the Social Services Director and Corps Officers to maintain and update a calendar of all scheduled appointments and newsletter
3. Prepare requisitions and make appointments for office supplies
4. Prepare and compose statistic reports, Gift n Kind reports and financial reports
5. Provide assistance planning and implementation for special events, fundraisers and community projects
6. Provide oversight and coordination in collecting and organizing volunteers for programs and events
7. Perform other administrative assignments/duties as directed.
1. Must be a high school graduate or have equivalent GED.
2. Ability to coordinate and manage multiple duties in a business office.
3. Ability to prioritize work and multi-task simultaneous projects.
4. Be cordial, friendly and professional in carrying out your job responsibilities.
5. Have a comprehensive proficiency in Windows Operating Systems including but not limited to Windows Operating System which also includes Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel and other office related programs and technologies.
6. Possess maturity and confidentially.
7. Ability to communicate effectively and accurately.
8. Ability to read, write and speak English required, bilingual in Spanish helpful.
9. Have good interaction and phone skills.
10. Interact professionally in all contact with the public and Salvation Army Officers and staff.
11. Must be at least 21 years old.
12. Abide by Salvation Army Policies and Procedures and have an acceptance of Salvation Army philosophy and mission.