Please review the page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
The city of Los Angeles boasts endless attractions and tourist destinations. Amongst all of the sights and sounds, the USC Hotel offers a modern and convenient place to unwind, with 240 spacious, comfortable guest rooms and over 15,000 square feet of flexible event space. Owned and operated by the University of Southern California, and the site of a recent multi-million dollar renovation, the hotel features luxurious fabrics and artwork depicting the storied traditions of USC. Additional renovations, which include the restaurants and kitchens, are in the planning stage.
We are seeking a Director ofHousekeeping to join our rapidly growing team.
As the Director of Housekeeping, you will lead our team of dedicated, experienced, knowledgeable, and passionate housekeepers to continue providing exceptional customer service. With the opportunity to maintain our warm, clean, and friendly environment your utmost priority, your team will make an immediate difference in our everyday guest experience. We need you to help them continue to be successful and ensure our guests are receiving the best USC experience.
- Manage the operation of the housekeeping and laundry areas through subordinate supervisors and employees to ensure the achievement of departmental productivity objectives and service quality standards.
- Establish and maintain cost control system for linen and cleaning supplies inventories; oversee the budgeting, ordering, and receiving of such supplies to maintain appropriate inventory levels necessary for efficient operation of the hotel.
- Develop and implement systems for inspecting and managing the quality of housekeeping and laundry services provided and to ensure timeliness and efficiency of services; oversee inspections of housekeeping/ laundry activities to ensure procedures are followed according to standard.
- Responsible for the proper scheduling of staff and work according to productivity standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Compile and report information on housekeeping activities and expenses; provide information to guest services on the status of guest rooms to ensure accurate and timely reporting on room availability.
- Recruit, hire, train, and provide career development for housekeeping staff; conduct performance evaluations and provide feedback for employees.
- Develop the department's annual budget; monitor and report variances against plan; keep track of labor costs and related expenses.
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Display a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follow company philosophies, policies, and procedures, and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Conduct Daily Quality Line ups as well as Housekeeping Departmental meetings.
- Ensure that the Housekeeping department, as well as its employees, complies on a consistent basis with all Fire department Safety codes and OSHA guidelines.
- Ensure that an accurate inventory is completed at least twice a month pertaining to Housekeeping amenity supplies, standard guest room items, and linen.
- Conduct training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures, and service guidelines.
- Schedule and conduct monthly staff meetings to maintain good communication and high morale within the department.
- Knowledge of USC Hotel standards and compliance.
- Working knowledge of CBA and compliance.
- Fulfills Manager on Duty shifts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience: 3 years.
- Previous managerial experience in hotel operations.
- Previous experience in Housekeeping management.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English. English/Spanish bilingual or speaking knowledge of Spanish.
- Demonstrated customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Experience in fast-paced, high-volume hotel environment.
What We Prefer:
- 5 years of experience in hotel housekeeping.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, student workers, temporary workers, and/or resource workers.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Organizational ability and attentive to detail.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- : dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don't believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- : discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education:Bachelor's DegreeCombined experience/education as substitute for minimum educationMinimum Experience:3 YearsCombined education/experience as substitute for minimum experienceMinimum Field of Expertise:Managerial and purchasing experience in similar type of division.