Job Title: Regional Sales Director - Visualization (West)
Reports To: Area Vice President, Sales - Visualization
Position Summary: Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the sales activities for "Visualization" products with the expectation of consistently achieving sales and expense budgets in the assigned regional territory. Products not responsible for: "Core, EMS, and PMD" product lines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Meet 100% or better of your Reginal Sales Plan and assigned budgets
- Build a cohesive and successful Region by inspiring, motivating, supporting, managing performance, sound decision making, sales training, and planning of the Sales Representatives within your Region.
- Work with Human Resources to recommend, hire, maintain, and terminate as needed personnel for each territory in your region.
- Provide high levels of communication with Visualization Sales Management team, AVP, VP, President, HR and all applicable corporate support teams.
- Maintain sales expense budget as set by corporate management, including management of all personal and rep expenses as well as assigned budgets within the region.
- Provide reporting as needed, which may include but not limited to: a monthly report, demand planning, sample tracking, weekly activity reports, comprehensive pipelines, forecasting, clinical training calendars, and prior month's closes, losses, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure region pipelines are robust and updated consistently to ensure alignment with the Sales Plan.
- Provide consistent and accurate forecasting that is updated on an ongoing basis in CRM.
- Present quarterly business reviews regarding the state of the Region on a quarterly basis to the management team.
- Recommend and implement corporate sales strategy needed for complete region coverage and achievement of sales objectives.
- Maintain regular communications with distribution partners, Sales department and other department necessary to ensure attainment of objectives and facilitate problem resolutions
- Perform and document any investigation regarding the disposition of any nonconforming process or component, and its effects on products manufactured and distributed by Ambu Inc., and relay results to the appropriate personnel.
- Review technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry
- Ensure that all organizational activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Use standard method of transportation to travel to client locations.
- Perform written and verbal communications to correspond with clients and company personnel.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PPT, and CRM.
- 70%+ overnight travel to visit with Sales Representatives, Distributors/Dealers, Prospects, Customers, and attend Ambu Regional, Corporate, and National Meetings to assist in sales generation.
- Provide consistent performance management of Sales Directors while helping guide them with the performance management of their sales representatives.
- Provide a consistently high level of service to clients.
- Maintain complete and accurate communication to Sales Directors and VP, Sales, at all times.
- Manage sales region within established expense levels.
- Ensure 100% accuracy of all documentation submitted to company.
- Provide timely submission of all required reports.
- Respond to problems, ideas, and solutions presented, in conjunction with corporate needs and policies.
- Provide leadership in a manner which does not distract from a positive working atmosphere and relays the commitment of Ambu to the individual.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and conduct in order to serve as a positive role model for employees.
- Provide advice and recommendations to assist the Sales Directors & Representatives in making sound decisions to ensure the maximum efficient use of all personnel and equipment based on the needs of the company.
- Maintain a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors, and their departmental personnel, at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all SOP's.
- Provide accurate, legible, and complete processing documentation.
- Follow the Ambu Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality agreement at all times.
- Minimum of five (5) years of previous medical device sales experience, preferably in the anesthesia and critical care areas.
- Previous sales management experience preferred.
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management or relevant field with five years of experience in a similar type of role, MBA preferred
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license, in good standing.