|Requisition Number||11001 Divisional Government Contracts Director|
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Divisional Government Contracts Director works closely with the Divisional Director of Social Services to oversee $30 million in government contracts. He/she reviews opportunities for government funding and makes recommendations to the Division. He/she works with Hill and Associates for projects related to the Division, including applications, contract renewals and assigned capital projects. The Divisional Government Contracts Director will prepare budgets for new contracts and provide quality assurance for financial contract compliance. He/she will oversee business managers that provide support for scattered sites.
* Responsible for working with the Divisional Social Services Director to oversee all government contracts throughout the California South Division.
* Work with Divisional Finance Department to provide accurate financial reports to the Los Angeles Metro Board.
* Assists with oversight of business managers for monthly billing accuracy, contract utility maximization and reports.
* Work with the Divisional Director of Social Services to implement contracts processing, management, and financial compliance.
* Provide technical assistance on finance planning and budget development to all units receiving government funding.
* Keep abreast of all new federal, state, and local government funding relevant to Salvation Army programs to identify opportunities for filed units for existing, expansion and new program services.
* Prepare and submit reports to funding sources, coordinating with program and Finance Department staff as needed to obtain essential information and report data. Assist in corrective action plans from reviews/audits by city, county, state or federal.
* Government relations liaison for technical financial support.
* Arrange regular site visits to field units.
* Attend bidder conferences locally and out of area, as assigned.
* Oversees proper maintenance of paper and electronic files of government contracts.
* Assist the Finance Department as required during audits and compliance reviews.
* Notify programs of reporting deadlines, new and/or renewal applications for government funds.
* Participate in Social Services Department Team meetings.
* Perform other duties as required.
Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer, fax and telephone. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
1. Bachelor's degree in business, economics, accounting, or related field. Masters preferred.
2. Experience in grant writing and/or grants management from recognized institution or demonstrated knowledge thereof.
3. Five or more years of experience in preparation and compliance management of government grants and contracts.
4. Experience working with Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, e-SNAPS, LOCCS, and electronic communications.
5. Must possess a valid driver license and pass a criminal a criminal background.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Technical expertise in developing contract overlays to maximize earnings.
2. Displays excellence in contract renewals and knowledge of programs.
3. Excellent web-based research and analytical skills.
4. Strong organization skills and follow-through on tasks.
5. Understanding of budgets and finance.
6. Excellent written and oral skills.
7. Knowledge of Salvation Army mission, polices, and procedures preferred.
8. Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously while paying critical attention to detail.
9. Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
10. Ability to meet deadlines.
11. Strong organizational skills. Ability to work well with others in sometimes-difficult circumstances.
12. Advanced computer skills (Windows, Excel and Microsoft Office).
13. Ability to keep detailed financial reports and meets financial deadlines.