Responsible for providing complex communications consultation, communications planning, implementation and recommended solutions for multiple Kaiser Permanente programs and projects (targeting both internal and external audiences) to meet organizational brand and reputation goals.
- Develop and implement communications plans and tactics to fulfill the strategic and operational goals and objectives of the overall communications program developed by the communications practice leader for his/her clients to deliver, promote and protect the organization's brand and reputation.
- Provide communications consulting to internal clients on internal and external communications. Consulting activity will vary from verbal communications or advice on communications issues to providing customized communications materials.
- Strategizes with client, writes creative briefs, researches and analyzes information, prepares presentations (PowerPoint presentations, speeches and talking points), plans logistics, and manages overall coordination.
- Ensure content is consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand in terms of tone, manner, and messaging.
- Manages and completes multiple assignments in short time frames and coordinates diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic program.
- Acquire the input and resources of other communications staff in the organization to fulfill the objectives of communication plans and projects on behalf of communications practice leaders' clients.
- Coordinates the deliverables of other communicators in the organization to ensure that special projects are in compliance with negotiated timelines/financial allocations.
- Implement measures to determine effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results.
- May supervise other communications staff for the purpose of implementing specific communications projects, events, or programs within a given time frame.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in corporate communications environment to include two (2) years of supervisory experience of entry-level communications staff required.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, english or business administration or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience within the last three (3) years planning and implementing complex communications plans and projects for a large complex organization, agency and health care background required, with track record of increasing responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered functional expert in field within KP.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods.
- Employs expertise as a generalist or specialist.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- KP experience preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.