|Description||The Salvation Army|
Golden State Division
Silicon Valley Administration
POSITION: Silicon Valley Director of Business
SUPERVISOR: County Administrator
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
The Salvation Army Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Director of Business has the responsibility to successfully lead all areas of business operations for The Salvation Army of Silicon Valley. In the absence of the Silicon Valley County Administrator, the DOB has full and direct responsibility for any and all business operations and programs as assigned by the SVCA. The DOB advises and makes recommendations to the SVCA regarding overall departmental and organizational goals and objectives. Leads strategic planning to evaluate and expands programs, increase fundraising opportunities and stream line procedures, and policies. The purpose of the DOB position is to provide a consistent executive and ministry driving force throughout all County units and to represent The Salvation Army of Silicon Valley in the community. The DOB will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army of Silicon Valley in the community.
* Master's Degree in Business and 5 years of experience OR equivalent experience preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Positive team building and excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate a must
* Proficient in business computer applications including MS Office suite applications and Shelby accounting software. (Great Plains and/or Shelby preferred)
* Extensive knowledge of accounting, strategic planning and fundraising
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of budgeting, finance reporting and forecasting, interpersonal communications, applications of information technology, external relations, risk management and fleet management
Excellent benefits to include medical/dental, vacation, sick leave, STD, Life Insurance, Retirement (Defined Contribution Plan) and much more!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/People with Disabilities.