Established, Entrepreneurial, Empowered...Explore the Opportunities!
IT Supply Chain Intern
Thank you for exploring a summer internship with NCH Corporation, an international company where we work in small teams that have a direct impact on success. Our Summer Internship Program is a project based internship and a great opportunity to gain real work experience and learn from some of the best! Our full-time paid program is 10 weeks and begins June 2020. We are looking for an IT Supply Chain Intern to support our Corporate IT team. This intern will focus primarily on managing the testing process, creating test scenarios, and executing those tests and documenting the results using the Oracle application supply chain modules. Join our summer internship program as a IT Supply Chain Intern where our future begins with you!
A little about us
Let's start with some information about NCH so you can get to know us better. NCH Corporation is a privately held, family-owned, global business headquartered Irving, Texas, near Dallas. We have more than 7,500 employees, offices and facilities on six continents, and clients in more than 50 countries. This includes our corporate headquarters as well as subsidiary companies. We clean and conserve water, save energy, and deliver best-in-class maintenance solutions, with a focus on industrial and commercial businesses.
About the Program
Our internship program, Boost, is a paid internship that combines real-work experience with professional development opportunities, leadership guidance, and community involvement. Start your career learning from the best!
- 10 Week Program- June 2020- August 2020
- Project Based- Work on meaningful projects where you will gain hands-on experience in your chosen field.
- Community Involvement- See how NCH gives back to the community first-hand by joining us in volunteering
- Professional Development- Get a head start on developing soft skills necessary for success in any workplace
Culture and benefits
We're a global company with a family feel, offering the same benefits of an international corporation with the personal relationships of a small business. Working in our small teams and close-knit environment, you'd never guess we had a 7,500+ employee head count. We realize a job is more than just a job - it's an extension of your life and family - and we're committed to maintaining just that. For us, culture is not just a perk; it's essential to how we thrive. And that's speaking for 100 years in the business!
- Employee-centric environment (regular corporate activities, personal relationships, small teams)
- Family-first attitude (work-life balance support, flexible hours)
- Approachable leadership (collaboration with top leaders, open-door policy)
- Growth-oriented mindset (autonomy, creative freedom to explore new ideas)
- Wellness initiatives (on-site fitness facility and cafeteria, walking trail)
- Community involvement (volunteering, fundraisers, charity events, school sponsorships and donations)
- Personal and professional development and growth
If this sounds like a fit for you so far, keep reading.
Day- to- Day Work examples
- Create and document application test scenarios
- Create test data for project team to utilizing in end-to-end testing/perform application unit and system testing
- Perform application unit and system testing and communicate with end users
- Troubleshoot software issues, apply problem solving skills and present and implement solutions
- Other duties as assigned
A little about you
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, Operations Management or equivalent
- High attention to detail and sense of responsibility
- Someone who has a sense of initiative, has a positive attitude, and an eagerness to jump in and get started
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize more urgent assignments
- Effective communicator, especially over email
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Summer Internship is an 10 week program: June 2020 to August 2020
Sound like a fit for you?
If yes, jump aboard, and apply today.
For next steps, expect a direct phone or email response once we are able to review your application. We are committed to responding to all applicants, no matter the outcome, so we appreciate your patience to allow time for this. In the meantime, learn more about NCH and our culture by checking out our , , pages.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.