|Requisition Number||13110 Food Rescue Driver - Part-Time|
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Driver picks up food rescue items from the routes within San Diego County for redistribution to those facing food insecurity. The driver may be utilized for additional pick-ups and deliveries, as needed.
1. Pick up food from various organizations within the seven routes in San Diego County.
2. Record and document temperatures, total counts, and other necessary information.
3. Assist in unloading of the food at the Corps, to included properly documenting the amount of food received for reporting purposes.
4. Check the daily condition of vehicle to ensure that it is properly maintained in working mechanical order, record daily condition and mileage on vehicle inspection log.
5. Maintain the internal and external cleanliness of the vehicle.
6. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinets drawers and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer, fax and telephone.
1. Grant funded position requires current homeless status.
2. Must be able to read, write and communicate well in English.
3. Bilingual in English / Spanish, helpful.
4. Must have or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire a Food Handler's Card.
5. Prior experience driving a 12+ passenger van, preferred.
6. Must maintain a valid California Class B driver license.
7. Must pass drug screen
8. No felony or theft convictions within past 7 years.
9. Before hire, submit a copy of DMV driving record with less than two (2) violations (moving or accident) in the last twelve months. Before hire, must pass Fleet Test of The Salvation Army. Certification by and participation in The Salvation Army's Fleet Program, annually, is required. May not obtain more than two (2) violations, moving or accident, in one year. Salvation Army Fleet Policy dictates those persons no longer
meeting the qualifications of this position if more than (2) violations in a 12-month period accrue to their DMV Driving Record will be terminated.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Must be detail oriented.
2. Ability to demonstrate a strong customer service orientation.
3. Ability to maintain poise while working in a fast-paced environment.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality of program information.