|Requisition Number||03085-Warehouse - As Is Auctioneer|
|Description||JOB TITLE: AS-IS AUCTIONEER|
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an
evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus
Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
High School Graduate.
Valid drivers license.
Must pass TSA driver and safety training series.
Ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees, customers and donors.
Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling
clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
Ability to operate a telephone.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Ability to operate fork lift.
Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Oversee operation of the auction and As-Is yard including conducting daily auctions.
2. Assure all beneficiaries assigned to the As-Is yard are properly fulfilling their WTA assignments and document
any infractions or safety violations.
3. Responsible for the setup and arrangement of the As-Is yard.
4. Keep a watchful eye on dealers, customers and the yard before, during and after the auction.
5. Make sure the auction and the As-Is yard are operated according to TSA policy and Review Standards.
6. Assist cashier in counting and recording monies from As-Is sales.
7. As an employee and in accordance with Salvation Army policy, there should be no conflict of interest between any
previous employer or competitor or any previous As-Is auction customers, weekend garage sales, swap meets, etc.
8. Overtime: Any and all overtime must have the written approval of the supervisor. The supervisor's initials must
appear on the timecard beside the overtime hours.
9. Other duties and responsibilities