|Description||ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:|
1. Receives all invoices and statements for the Center.
2. Reviews invoices and statements with purchase orders.
3. Processes Accounts Payable invoices for payment.
4. Responsible for reconciliation of Accounts Payable.
5. Maintains control and security of check inventory on hand.
6. Processes emergency check as directed by Central Accounting Service Headquarters
7. Responsible for Center petty cash fund.
8. Enters receipt of miscellaneous income in cash receipt book.
9. Prepares transmittal and transmits required information to Central Accounting Service Headquarters.
10. Prepares and delivers daily bank deposits as required.
11. Maintains Food Stamp Control Log.
12. Issues Beneficiary Canteen Cards and maintains Canteen Card Control Log.
13. Reconciles Canteen Card and/or cash kept at residences with appropriate staff.
14. Receives Gratuity List and processes for payment.
15. Prepares cash for payment of gratuity.
16. Insures returned gratuity is turned back to Accounting and deposited in Miscellaneous Income.
17. Issues Bale Tags and maintains Bale Tag inventory control ledger.
18. Responsible for reconciliation of shipping reports and bale tag use.
19. Transmits required information to Central Accounting Service Headquarters for AP, miscellaneous income, Daily Store Sales Report, beneficiary accounts and bale inventory.
20. Issues Truck Seals and maintains Truck Seal Issue Log.
21. Maintains credit card and store membership control log.
22. Maintains Shipping Manifest book Control ledger.
23. Processes and maintains permanent IOU's.
24. Collects money for personal long distance calls.
25. Prepares and delivers daily bank deposit as necessary.
26. Ensures that payroll data from time sheets and other payroll records are prepared for Administrator review/signature, stored and accurately transmitted.
27. Calculates payroll adjustments for payroll processing.
28. Reviews the payroll register to insure that payroll deductions and payroll amounts are processed accurately.
29. Prepares employee's final checks ensuring accurate payment of all monies due.
30. Maintain confidentiality as needed and required for operation of the total program.
31. Other written or verbal duties as may be assigned, from time to time by the Center Administrator or their designated representative
|Requirements||EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:|
* AA in Business Administration or related field preferred
* 2 years previous Accounting experience
* Prior payroll experience preferred.
* Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and 10-key by touch.
* Ability to meet deadlines and work with all levels of personnel
* Must hold valid drivers license and be able to show proof of insurance.
* Working knowledge of E-Mail systems
* Ability to read, understand, and analyze financial reports
* Demonstrated math skills
* Effective English written and verbal communication skills
* Professional judgment and integrity in handling confidential material.
* Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
* Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and other office equipment.
* Ability to communicate clearly on the telephone.
* Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
* Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks