|Requisition Number||11205 Desk Clerk (On Call) - Extra|
|Title||Front Desk Clerk|
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Zahn Family Emergency Shelter Desk Clerk provides general oversight of residents and rooms, checking in and discharges of residents, and evaluates and reports on resident's condition to the Program Manager and Case Managers. The Desk Clerk is also responsible for assisting case managers in the completion of documentation and tracking resident's progress upon discharge and follow-ups.
1. Provide professional, compassionate and safe care for all residents. Respond to clients needs promptly, professionally, and with great courtesy. Provide support to all residents.
2. General monitoring of clients to ensure that a safe, quiet and friendly atmosphere is maintained
3. Explain rules and procedures to all clients.
4. Ensure client adherence to program policies and procedures.
5. Complete intakes as needed.
6. Enter and update all HMIS data as needed.
7. Follow all Zahn, Alegria, and TSA policies and procedures.
8. Complete all intake forms and records, establishing an individual resident file for new intakes.
9. Complete all daily logs, gather all needed signatures and give complete end-of-shift reports to the oncoming shift and to the Program Manager.
10. Monitor the house and residents, make rounds as directed by your supervisor.
11. Document and report unusual occurrences, incidents and injuries.
12. Ensure that resident's rooms are neat and clean, hallways are free of obstructions and other safety hazards.
13. Provide appropriate involvement in coordination with other staff so that safety and security measures are adhered.
14. Maintain security inside and outside of the building.
15. Respond promptly and appropriately to emergency situations.
16. Maintain resident confidentiality at all times.
17. Assist Case Managers in completing documentation and tracking residents upon discharge.
18. Answer and direct incoming calls to the appropriate individuals in a courteous and professional manner.
19. Monitor client's medication.
20. Assist with kitchen duties as needed.
21. Assist with cleaning common areas daily, room turnovers, house laundry, and donations.
22. Ability to work an irregular schedule with varying hours as needed.
23. Other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor and/or management personnel.
24. All duties will be performed in a courteous manner, allowing clients and staff to maintain a healthy sense of self-worth.
Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to be able to lift up to 10 lbs. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinets drawers and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer, fax and telephone.
1. High School Diploma or GED Required,
2. Must possess a valid Class C California Driver's License.
3. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
4. Must pass criminal background check in order to be eligible for employment.
5. The ability to read, write, speak and understand English; bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
6. Attainment of at least 18 years of age.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Must be culturally sensitive and non-judgmental
2. Knowledge and sensitivity regarding issues of homelessness, mental health and chronic illness
3. Ability to obtain annual TB test and complete other required Salvation Army trainings (decision driving, PTM, etc.)
4. Basic information of blood borne infection and universal precautions including the use of protective devices.
5. CPR/First Aid Certification.