This posting is for a future position. No current openings available. STGi seeks a Quality Manager to support the Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Loma Linda, CA. The Quality Manager (QM) is responsible for overseeing clinical services and monitoring quality of care through performance improvement program implementation. The QM will ensure that quality of service provided is in compliance with Joint Commission standards and Veteran’s Affairs (VA) requirements. The CCO will also function in an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (APRN) capacity in the Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC).
• Clinical duties as assigned to maintain active VA status.
• Maintaining knowledge of current research and clinical trends to improve performance.
• Supervising support staff in delivery of care to patients.
• Provide clinical support to the team
• Provides a model for clinical practice within the clinic setting.
• Assist in creating and implementing corrective action strategies for performance improvement activities.
• Ensure consistency in practice standards across the CBOCs.
• Aid in management/coordination of the CBOC's day-to-day activities.
• Implement provider huddles to ensure providers are up to date with standards and expectations.
• Collaborate with the performance excellence manager and clinical advisor to develop performance improvement projects.
• Provide vision and direction of clinical services including new or improved program implementation.
• Participate in the Quality Assurance Program review process under the guidance of the corporate medical advisor.
• Provide administrative support and clinical feedback to leadership
• Assist the director in CBOC acquisitions by providing clinical and medical guidance and verbiage.
• Assist in the hiring of new providers and staff as well as training.
• Expansion of clinical services by implementing and facilitating non-traditional encounters
• Analysis of data collection to meet VA clinical performance standards.
• Development of policies and procedures in areas such as patient safety and clinical improvement.
• Assist in Joint Commission accreditation and maintaining high level survey outcomes.
• Provide expert clinical assistance regarding Joint Commission surveys as well as with other regulatory agencies.
• Identify areas in need of quality improvement to ensure compliance with regulations and standards.
• Participate on the Performance Excellence Team (PET).
• Participate on the Executive Committee to grant initial privileging to all new providers.
• Ensuring that all required reports and clinical information is completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
• Participate and provide clinical input for the CBOC quarterly newsletter
• Maintaining confidentiality of all information and supporting patients' privacy, rights, and safety.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• A minimum of 2 years clinical experience as Registered nurse in outpatient care in a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Environment is required; 3-5 years is preferred
• Current and unrestricted state license. Must comply will all state requirements and regulations.
• Possess Basic Life Support (BLS)/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification prior to performing work from American Heart Association (AHA) or the Military Training Network (MTN).
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and excellent computer maneuverability.
• Must have exceptional diplomatic communication skills and experience in handling difficult customer situations.
• Must be detailed oriented, and have the ability to multi-task.
• VA Experience preferred.
• Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree level in Nursing or higher.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.