|Requisition Number||03-045 Pasadena Warehouse Donation Sorter 02/11/20|
|Description||JOB TITLE: SORTER|
DEPARTMENT: SORTING ROOM
STATUS: PART TIME / FULL TIME
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: SORTING ROOM SUPERVISOR
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* Demonstrated competency in skill area as indicated by verifiable training and/or experience.
* The ability to communicate and understand the directions of the Supervisor.
* The ability to differentiate quality of donated items.
* Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
* Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Sort clothing efficiently and properly according to the standard of The Salvation Army.
2. Identify top designer brands and direct to proper department for processing.
3. Keep immediate working area neat and clean and help in the overall clean up as assigned.
4. Follows safety measures established and maintained by ARC policy and government regulations.
5. Maintain confidentiality as needed and required for the operation of the total program.
6. Overtime: Any and all overtime must have the written approval of the supervisor. The supervisor's initials must appear on the timecard besides the overtime hours.
7. Your supervisor, Administrator or his designate representative may assign other written or verbal duties.