|Requisition Number||01-001 Terr Corp Eng Coord--2-2020|
|Title||Territorial Corporate Engagement Coordinator|
|City||Rancho Palos Verdes|
THE SALVATION ARMY
USA WESTERN TERRITORIAL HEADQUARTERS
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT
POSITION TITLE: TERRITORIAL CORPORATE ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in his name without discrimination.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
As The Salvation Army's USA Western Territory works to deepen engagement with new and existing corporate partners, we are seeking a Territorial Corporate Engagement Coordinator to improve donor communications and stewardship as well as assist in cultivating new relationships in partnership with the Territorial Corporate Relations Director. This person will manage and co-manage a handful of donor accounts and will regularly interface with donors and Salvation Army corporate fundraising leads in each of the territory's 9 divisions. They will also assist with the coordination of various aspects of complex national partnerships as they apply to the West. The ideal candidate will have exceptional written, verbal and visual communication skills, will be extremely organized and have strengths in project management.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
2. 5+ years of experience working in nonprofit fundraising, partnership
development or marketing
3. An understanding of the multi-faceted corporate philanthropy and
corporate fundraising landscape
4. Experience working with and recruiting board members and volunteers
5. Graphic design, project management and/or writing skills/experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and follow-up for
successful closure of gifts and volunteer commitment.
2. Strong and effective interpersonal and persuasive skills, modeling effective
relationship management and demonstrating emotional intelligence /
3. Ability to assess a situation and come up with effective solutions. Takes a
solutions-based approach to projects/work.
4. Excellent document creation, proposal and presentation development skills.
5. Strong organizational skills, follow-through and attention to detail.
6. Proven experience in funding and partnership development, especially in
the area of corporate partnerships preferred.
7. Ability to assist in developing collaborative approaches in harmony with
local Army stakeholders for win (local) - win (corporate) - win (territory)
8. Ability to effectively manage many projects at one time. Project
management experience is a plus.
9. Knowledge of cause-marketing and product tie-in best practices and how
to effectively apply such options to dialogue with prospective corporate
funders for the Army's benefit.
10. Ability to apply knowledge of Army policies and procedures and ability to
communicate and follow accurate interpretation of the same.
11. Ability to travel as necessary to carry out responsibilities and assignments.
12. Ability to be a driven self-starter; to work independently on project
management, while working collaboratively and cooperatively under the
supervision of the Territorial Director of Corporate Engagement and
13. Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while
effectively managing multiple competing priorities.
14. Team player, engaging effectively and respectfully with other staff for
accomplishment of organizational and department goals.
15. A fund raiser at heart, able to successfully engage with corporate decision-
makers through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activity.
16. Understanding of prospect identification and research and relationship
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
2. Experience with PC's and networking.
3. Experience with donor data management software.
4. Experience with graphic design or design template software.
5. Familiarity with prospect research tools.
EQUIPMENT USED (not listed in priority order):
Networked Laptop and Printers
Audio and Visual Equipment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Pursue new corporate funding across the territory in collaboration with the
Territorial Director of Corporate Engagement and divisions.
* Develop relationships between The Salvation Army and corporations based
in the USA Western Territory whose business activity crosses divisional
boundaries with the purpose of substantially supporting The Salvation Army
* Serve as primary relationship manager, in collaboration with divisional fund
raisers, and the Territorial Director of Corporate Engagement, of an
assigned caseload of corporate funders whose interests extend beyond a
local or divisional area to regional or national involvement.
* Achieve assigned goals and established metrics.
* Other related duties as assigned by the Territorial Director of Corporate
DATA COLLECTION & FIELD COMMUNICATION
* Work with the field to collect stewardship data and create stewardship
reports for corporate partnership activations managed out of Territorial
Headquarters (THQ) and National Headquarters (NHQ).
* Communicate with the field about national partnership opportunities out of
* Receive and route corporate inquiry forms from THQ Corporate website.
CORPORATE VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT
* Work with the divisions to strengthen their corporate volunteer engagement
* Create scalable opportunities for corporate employee group volunteer
* Work with IT to develop the best user experience for group volunteer
activities for our corporate partners.
* Help to field donation offers in times of significant disaster.
* Create regular donor communications during and after a disaster to send to
territorial partners as well as to provide to the divisional corporate
* Serve as stewardship officer in the field during large-scale disasters in the
Western Territory as requested/needed.
EMPLOYEE GIVING & MATCHING GIFTS
* Reach out to HR teams at corporations about employee giving campaigns
and matching gifts and secure opportunities to speak at employee giving
meetings, therefore increasing corporate giving and matching gifts income
to the territory.
o Create materials to enhance these partnerships.
o Work with data team to streamline internal processes related to these
o Track employee giving via Portfolio donor software.
* Research prospects in partnership with the Territorial Prospect Researcher
for different funding opportunities as directed by the Territorial Director of
* Provide prospect research notes to territorial leadership ahead of corporate
PARTNERSHIP ACTIVATION COORDINATION
* Assist with all coordination aspects of partnership activation including:
keeping accurate record of participating units, updating and tracking
metrics related to the campaign, keeping a calendar of key action items for
the campaign, providing coordination support to the partner as
needed/asked, communicating progress and providing excellent customer
service to our partners throughout.
* In partnership with the Territorial Director of Corporate Partnerships,
provide tips and tools for divisions to recruit high-level corporate
representation on their boards.
DATA AND REPORTS
* Collect reports from Divisions monthly and provide an aggregate report to
Territorial Executive Director of Development and Territorial Director of
Corporate Engagement monthly.
* Assist with donor data entry related to communications and stewardship of
donors as needed.
* Assist as needed with Christmas partnership activations.
* Develop corporate volunteering and kettle sponsorship opportunities for the
Christmas Kettles. Work with corporations, malls and retail chains to
expand physical kettle locations.
* Serve as a liaison to the field for any help they may need related to
Christmas pitch and activation materials for partners.
o Provide standardized stewardship materials to the field.
WORK HABITS (not listed in priority order):
1. Must adhere to all Salvation Army policies and procedures.
2. Must be willing to support the mission of The Salvation Army through work
responsibilities and always reflect positively on the Army's brand and
values through all work and interactions.
3. Must maintain the integrity of confidential communications or activities.
4. Must maintain professional, courteous and cooperative manner with all
THQ and "Field" personnel and outside contacts and demonstrate respect
and a positive attitude toward them at all times.
5. Must be a team player and take the initiative and be flexible in assisting
others to the best of ability to ensure accurate and timely achievement of
6. Must maintain an organized work area, files, etc., contributing to the
efficiency and accuracy of work within deadlines.
7. Must be able to comprehend assignments and ask for additional
information or clarification until the assignment is understood.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is a reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
* Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an
intermittent or continuous basis.
* Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and
* Ability to operate telephone.
* Ability to operate a desktop or laptop computer.
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. (usually file boxes).
* Ability to access and produce information from a computer.
* Ability to understand written information.
* Ability to travel as necessary to carry out responsibilities and assignments.
REPORTS TO: Territorial Director of Corporate Engagement
|Requirements||SEE JOB DESCRIPTION|