|Description||DEPARTMENT: Harbor Light Program|
POSITION TITLE: Residence Operations Assistant
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full-Time, 40 hours per week
SUPERVISOR: Residence Operations Manager
The Residence Operations Assistant works under the supervision of the Residence Operations Manager. The Residence Operations Assistant is responsible for the administrative, operations, safety, and security of the Harbor Light Program.
1. Coordinate facility repairs, maintenance, inventory of supplies and equipment with Facility Manager.
2. Supervise the residence policies on Harbor Light Program Participant medication observation protocols.
3. Facilitate Residence orientation and Participant Residence meetings.
4. Inform, document, and report all incidents and direct to the Harbor Light Program Director and/or Executive Directors.
5. Oversee and submit weekly statistical reports.
6. Respond to all emergencies, and notify the Residence Operation Manager, Harbor Light Program Director, Executive Director(s) and proper staff and/or agencies (Police & Fire Department).
7. Responsible for fire control system, safety and security of all Residents.
8. Responsible for the operation and implementation of all rules and policies, including abstinent lifestyle of Program Participants.
9. Supervise searches in the residence, dormitories and individual(s) for any and all alcohol, drugs including drug paraphilia and contraband.
10. Supervise all Residence Operations Monitors.
11. Assist in the discharging of Program Participants as directed by the Harbor Light Program Director.
12. Assist the Program Department staff in administering U.A. (Urine Analysis) test(s) and/or Breathalyzer for Program Participants and maintain chain of custody on each U.A. sample(s).
13. Driving assignments as assigned.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Harbor Light Program Director and/or Executive Directors.
* Experience in operations of a Family Shelter Program and/or Residential Treatment/Substance Abuse Program preferred.
* Familiarity of the context of The Salvation Army's Mission providing support as needed or directed within the scope of program objectives.
* First Aid and CPR certified.
* Knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office needed.
* Must be able to relate to a variety of persons from wide selection of demographics.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Valid CA Driver License for Drivers.
* Physical ability to perform assigned duties, verified by a medical professional, within seven days of employment.
* Tuberculosis clearance verification provided within seven days of employment.
* Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead
* Ability to a lift up to 25 lbs. (usually file boxes).
* Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead.
* Ability to operate telephone.
* Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis