|Description||JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT 1 |
SUPERVISOR: TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Follow daily routing directions and avoid going off route without exception, unless directed by the Transportation Supervisor or their designee.
2. Manage time daily to ensure route is completed within the approved work schedule. Routes are to be 100% completed each day, without exception, unless approved by the Transportation Supervisor or their designee.
3. Responsible for the safe loading and unloading of assigned truck. Assist in the safe loading or unloading of other trucks as requested.
4. Handle all donated material with safe handling procedures and assigned personal protective equipment at all times. Donations must be handled properly to ensure they return damage free to their destination.
5. Train, instruct and supervise truck helper in their WTA, keeping in mind that helper is in a rehabilitation program and that good personal and professional work habits are taught by example, as well as by instruction.
6. Responsible for Bag & Tag as instructed by Supervisor and procedure.
7. All pre and post checks must be completed daily. Any exceptions found during the pre-check inspection must be reviewed by the Transportation Supervisor prior to operating the vehicle. Any post-check exceptions must be reviewed with the Transportation Supervisor prior to clocking out for the day. All equipment on the truck must be in working order and properly secured for transport.
8. As a representative of The Salvation Army, ensure that all customers are treated courteously and with good customer service. Immediately report all donor problems and concerns that occur during donation pick-ups to supervisor, through dispatch.
Page | 2 Production Assistant 1 REV. 3.2020
9. Promptly report to immediate supervisor all accidents involving truck, personal injury or property damage.
10. Abide by all DOT regulations and state and local laws while maintaining a safe driving record. Attend all driver safety meetings as required.
11. Report all infractions of safety procedures to the Transportation Supervisor.
12. Adhere to all meal and rest breaks per state law and company policy.
13. Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, from time to time, by the Transportation Supervisor, Director of Production or their designated representatives.
* High School diploma or equivalent. * Valid driver's license * Clean Driving Record * Strong time management and customer service skills * Ability to operate electronic equipment used for daily route information * Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis. * Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts. * Ability to operate a motor vehicle * Ability to lift up to 100lbs * Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
By signing and dating the following, I am agreeing to the Duties and