This position will drive brand and product management activities by helping to develop and execute strategies and tactics aimed at diversifying sales channels, driving topline growth, and expanding the company's product portfolio across all product lines. Additional responsibilities include conducting primary and secondary market research, keeping abreast of competitor and market trends, leading development of sales and marketing collateral, and contributing to strategic planning across product lines and business units. The position is located in San Diego, California.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This description is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Develop short-term and near-term product roadmaps in collaboration with R&D and commercial teams across company product offerings
- Identify new market segments and develop product definitions for new assays
- Support organic and inorganic product development efforts by helping to generate market assessments, financial models, and go-to-market strategies
- Act as marketing representative in new product development and core teams, including executing on product and project deliverables
- Develop and execute customer surveys for marketed and pipeline products, including voice of customer and pre/post surveys for product trials and pilots
- Collaborate with operations and sales to develop product strategies and tactics that maximize customer acquisition and drive product growth
- Develop market and customer analyses to help inform quarterly and annual sales forecasts in collaboration with key leadership
- Help develop yearly budgets for marketing and product/brand activities in collaboration with key leadership
- Support sales and customer training activities as needed in collaboration with clinical and education
Remains aware of evolving needs and opportunities, exhibits flexibility and collaborative spirit and helps encourage others in support of the Company's success. Pursues educational opportunities to maintain advanced and up-to-date knowledge in the field. Performs all other related duties as required and assigned and understands that the items in this description are not all-inclusive.
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated strategic thinking and implementation skills; proven analytical skills with ability to translate data into actionable plans
- Effective skills in areas of interpersonal, oral and written communication, organization, prioritization and planning, goal setting, analytical and problem solving
- Results-oriented, capable of managing and driving the completion of multiple competing marketing projects
- Experience with marketing management, including but not limited to experience in product/brand management, market research and analysis, advertising/promotion, sales training, product launches
- Requires the ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis
- Experience presenting to senior level leadership is required
- Prior experience with salesforce.com and related systems preferred
- Experience working with a large field sales force with developing and executing sales tools
- Ability to understand and interpret a variety of scientific and clinical literature
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence all levels of the organization
- Bachelor of Science degree in Life Sciences discipline - molecular biology, genetics or related degree preferred
- MBA in Marketing, Finance or General Business and/or Master's degree in related scientific discipline preferred
- Other advanced degree in a technical or scientific discipline
- Minimum 8 - 10 years' experience in the life sciences industry required, with molecular diagnostics or clinical laboratory experience preferred
- Business related experience may include marketing, sales, business development or other related functions
Millennium Health offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package.
Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and E-Verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status
San Diego, California, United States