|Requisition Number||11145 Temp Administrative Assistant 05/25-06/30 - PT|
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Administers the City of Santa Ana's Emergency Eviction Prevention Program and provides applicant support. The Eviction Prevention Program is HUD-funded through the City of Santa Ana's Community Development Block Grant. The program is designed to assist City of Santa Ana residents who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
* Answer and return phone calls and emails regarding City of Santa Ana's Emergency Eviction Prevention Program.
* Assist applicants with online application portal. Complete application online for client if needed, or by paper.
* Assist and approve 100 applicants selected by lottery with rental assistance.
* Work with landlords and property managers to obtain necessary documents including W-9 and rental assistance letter.
* Put together and submit check requests to Divisional Headquarters Finance Department.
* Gather and prepare information for monthly reports as directed by Program Manager.
* Represent The Salvation Army in all professional communication, demeanor, timeliness, and friendliness to in person and telephone clients.
* Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Must be able to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
* Experience in a Social Services Office setting.
* Bilingual; English/Spanish or Vietnamese Required. Must speak, read and write English and other required language proficiently.
* The individual must show respect for other employees, associates, clients, and the goals and objectives of The Salvation Army.
* Strong customer service experience/orientation.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
* Excellent office skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with online application platforms, comfort with using the internet. Platforms utilized will be Neighborly and Bridges and Others Software.
* Must be able to utilize all necessary office equipment adequately (i.e. computers, copy machines, scanners, calculator, etc.).
* Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
* Professional and courteous.