OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
The Consumer Products & Engineering (CPE) team is looking for a skilled and innovative Product Manager for Mobile (iOS and Android) platforms with strong leadership skills to join our rapidly growing team. You will help shape and execute the product roadmap for TVE and D2C products (FOX NOW and Fox Nation), serve as a liaison between key network stakeholders and CPE to help define and prioritize features of the mobile experience. The successful candidate has a demonstrable track record of successfully conceptualizing in partnership with the product design team, developing in partnership with the engineering team, and launching various consumer mobile products and services, in partnership with marketing. The right candidate must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to partner with various product managers and development teams across the organization to contribute to the overall business objectives of the organization.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and own the product vision and roadmap for the mobile products for D2C and TVE apps, keeping your colleagues up to date on your top-level goals, timelines, and progress
- Act as the key liaison between networks such as Fox Entertainment, Fox Sports, and Fox News and platform partners to gather requirements to feed into the overall roadmap
- Partner with engineering managers for sprint planning and manage expectations with other stakeholders (internal and external)
- Manage Backlog and own Sprint process - from planning to release - including regression, retro, and stand-up
- Partner with Tech Manager and Project Manager to lead the mobile team and QA resources, managing stakeholders (internal and external) and providing daily guidance to developers
- Be the subject matter expert on mobile platforms (iOS and Android), and push our thinking forward about user experience strategies
- Collaborate with engineering, design and other product managers to improve the user experience across TVE and D2C apps
- Prioritize requests and ideas, and ship experiments in partnership with our growth and data science team to test bold product hypotheses designed to improve our ability to get users engaged with the content on mobile and other platforms
- Deeply understand the technology behind our streaming platform, and become an expert in what technology and approaches are used in the market
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years of experience in product management
- At least 1 year of experience as a PM working on mobile products
- Extensive experience working on video streaming apps and has a strong understanding of industry best practices
- An analytical product manager, but keen on developing human-centered experiences and have strong product instincts
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead
- Ability to communicate well, in both small and large groups
- Comfortable with giving and receiving candid feedback
- Experience working with Agile - requirement definition, ticket creation, sprint management, and other rituals.
- Comfortable with working with multiple partners and teams: Design, Analytics, SEO, Marketing to define features
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.