|Requisition Number||13130 Social Media Coordinator|
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for the websites and social media for the Salvation Army's San Diego Regional Office.
The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for development and maintenance of content for websites, social media and e-solicitation in support of the communications and fundraising efforts for San Diego County programs and services.
Work collaboratively with the San Diego Regional Office and local operational teams to understand and fulfill their website requirements on a timely basis.
Work in coordination with Divisional and Territorial Headquarters on digital fundraising efforts. Also collaborate with contracted vendors in coordination with DHQ and THQ.
Work collaboratively with regional marketing and web resources to source additional materials and needed technical support for the websites.
Develop and maintain the social media sites for Salvation Army's Regional Office, including developing strategy, building followers and creating and posting original content.
Photography and video for events to use on social media to engage followers and create awareness of the Salvation Army's programs and mission.
Assist with the development of collateral materials for events.
Vocational engagement at The Salvation Army is a position of sacred trust - representing, nurturing, protecting and advancing the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army; and serving the needs of people in our community with dignity and respect. Conduct on and off the job must sustain a positive impact on The Salvation Army's religious goals, programs and public image.
As such, all employees are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities within the scope of duties they perform:
1. To know, explain and exemplify the mission, purpose and values of the San Diego Regional Office.
2. To understand all dimensions of The Salvation Army mission and purpose toward the outcome of awareness, cohesiveness and effective guest services.
3. To create a safe, engaging environment for San Diego associates, guests, members, volunteers, partners and vendors.
4. To provide active support of, and participation in all San Diego campaigns and initiatives.
5. To develop appropriate relationships and maintain appropriate relationship boundaries with other Salvation Army associates, guests, members, volunteers, partners and vendors.
6. To communicate in an appropriate, professional, responsive and supportive manner.
* Effective interpersonal and electronic communication is essential for mission and purpose.
* Interpersonal communication for day-to-day operational needs is preferred.
* Direct, thoughtful communication for the resolution of questions or conflicts is expected.
* Electronic communication - email, texts, etc. - is official communication; and supports and confirms interpersonal communication.
* Deference to and public support of group decisions and other Director's scope of expertise, position and responsibilities must be maintained.
7. To maintain appropriate confidentiality.
Some agreements, ideas, processes, or other forms of sensitive information are revealed to certain individuals who are in positions of responsibility or are in possession of qualities or skills that make it necessary for them to know such confidential matters. Such information must be maintained in confidence.
8. To complete annual training to include, but not limited to: Protecting the Mission, Sexual Harassment, and others as determined.
9. To positively guide and guard all Salvation Army resources - people, program, property and finances - toward the fulfillment of mission and purpose, and within the guidelines established by law, policy and procedure.
Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer and telephone. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. Ability to accurately gauge colors and view detailed graphics.
* By virtue of its direct contact with, and representation to people who engage in Salvation Army programs, people who demonstrate an understanding of The Salvation Army's Christian mission are required for this position
* Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* 2+ years in similar marketing roles with experience in website and social media content creation and posting.
* Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
* Must be in good physical health and mental health, capable of meeting the demands of the position.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
* Knowledge of common graphics software with ability to create and edit materials for posting on the website and social media.
* If working in vicinity of children a criminal background check is required with certification for Protect the Mission policies and procedures.
* Must have ability to work with, direct, and relate well with co-workers, community members, and guests/clients.
* Able to function in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment.
* Must possess good Guest Relations skills.