|Requisition Number||11150 - Operations Assitant -Santa Barabara|
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Operations Assistant works under the direction and supervision of the Operations Manager. He/she provides support to program operations by covering shifts in the kitchen and front desk. Duties also include assisting supervisor with clerical duties, inspections, facility upkeep, preventive maintenance, janitorial, and disaster response.
1. Understands the mission, organizational structure, and policy and procedures of The Salvation Army. Works cohesively with supervisors, Corps Officers and DHQ.
2. Assists in the supervising of volunteers, residents and others assigned.
3. Covers kitchen shifts and duties which include: meal preparation, serving, and cleanup.
4. Assists Operations Manager in overseeing and performing facility upkeep, janitorial duties, and preventive maintenance
5. Assists supervisor in ensuring all fire and safety equipment is up to date and in accordance with code.
6. Covers front desk shifts and related duties as described below;
* Assist in directing individuals (residents, volunteers, public, etc.) seeking information to the correct staff member. Providing approved applicable information as directed by supervisor.
* Assists supervisor by providing clerical support which includes, but is not limited to: statistics, attendance rosters, program fee receiving, mail distribution, relaying information to residents, etc. Handles mail and money in accordance with TSA policy.
* Reports all resident disputes and concerns to key staff in person and via Shift Reports. Encourages residents to consult with case managers regarding all concerns.
* Enforces House Rules in a professional and respectful manner as directed by supervisor.
* Facilitates urinalysis and breathalyzer tests as directed. Immediately notifies key staff when a resident tests positive for drug and/or alcohol use.
* Issues and monitors resident medication per policy and procedure.
* Performs rounds during shifts to ensure the wellbeing of residents and safety of facility.
* Responds effectively to emergency situations per policy and procedure. Immediately notifies key staff when such emergencies occur.
* Ensures proper turnover of information by reading prior Shift Reports when starting a shift and emailing a Shift Report at the end of his/her shift.
7. Assists in the coordination and deployment of the Disaster Service Vehicle in the event of an emergency.
8. Provides "on call" support as needed to cover shifts and duties.
9. Performs other duties as necessary for the successful operation of the program.
10. Maintain accurate time keeping records that are reflective of duties performed under different grant/contracts.
11. Attends staff and program related meetings, conferences, and training as needed and required. Cooperates with supervisors in any other special projects as needed.
12. These duties may be changed in part or in full at any time at the Executive Director's discretion, or as required because of program changes or needs.
|Requirements||Working Conditions |
Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer, fax and telephone. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
1. Associate of Arts Degree in sociology, or related field and one-year experience in residential services for adults. Applicable work experience in lieu of formal education will be considered.
2. Experience working with people in recovery, mentally ill and/or homeless individuals preferred.
3. Must be able to pass a complete and satisfactory background check.
4. Ability to drive and maintain a valid Class C California Driver's License. Able to pass a TSA Driving Test and maintain a clean MVR.
5. Current CPR Certificate.
6. Maintain an updated California Food Managers Certificate (Serve Safe) and other applicable required certificates.
7. Willing and able to maintain confidential information in accordance with Salvation Army and industry standards.
8. Required to appropriately respond to emergencies.
9. Ability to pass a physical health examination by a doctor.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Must be familiar with the safe operation of culinary equipment.
2. Ability to instruct and enforce sanitary working conditions.
3. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English.
4. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required.
5. Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
6. Ability to email, fax, operate copy/print/scan machine.
7. Ability to work harmoniously with supervisors, coworkers, residents, outside agencies, and the public.
8. Excellent organizational, prioritizing, planning and problem solving skills.
9. High ethics and integrity.