At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
This position will be an onsite Construction Manager for Musick Jail Facility in Irvine, CA.
In the role of Senior Construction Manager, we'll count on you to:
- Take responsibility for subcontractor coordination, scheduling and quality control
- Develop procedures for executing such activities, and implement procedures in coordination with the project team
- Perform additional construction management activities, including development procurement - construction schedules, construction subcontract scopes, review of subcontract terms and conditions, performance of constructability and value engineering reviews, construction estimating and schedule reviews, and project construction performance presentations
- Administer and manage construction activities
- Monitor progress of the overall design as related to construction requirements
- Perform value engineering and constructability reviews
- Coordinate local bidding efforts for quotes obtained in the field
- Assist in procurement of purchase orders and subcontract packages
- Coordinate, expedite and reviewing construction submittals
- Control the project budget and schedule
- Coordinate and manage project quality assurance and control, and inspection services
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with the Health and Safety Program through communication and inspections
- Prepare and update project schedules, pay requests, and daily, weekly, and monthly progress, budget, and schedule management reports
- Coordinate local bidding efforts
- Take responsibility for project setup and temporary facilities
- Perform other duties as needed*LI-JF1
Keywords: construction manager, senior construction manager, prisons, detention center, jails, Department of Corrections