Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index
MINDBODY is one of 230 companies selected for the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) which distinguishes companies committed to transparency in gender reporting and advancing women's equality. We believe that when women thrive, companies thrive.
Mindbody is looking for a highly motivated Senior level Full Stack Developer to join our Marketplace team. This role designs, develops, troubleshoots, and debugs server applications for our Marketplace products including Mindbody.io, and our widely-used flagship Android and iOS applications. This is an amazing opportunity for a talented Ruby on Rails developer to help transform the world of wellness through software.
We are open to hiring fully remote for this role in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as a self-directed, key contributor on a scrum team building new features
- Resolve ongoing defects to ensure high-quality software delivery
- Make implementation design decisions around new features
- Break down complex projects and mentors more junior engineers
- Carefully analyze design specifications before coding to understand the effort levels required
- Write and execute tests, including creating comprehensive unit tests
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure the quality of the codebase
What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Deep knowledge of the Ruby language, related frameworks (Rails), and the Ruby toolchain
- 5 + years of industry experience programming web applications, mobile, and/or large-scale enterprise products
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or similar
- Fluency in Git and branching workflows such as Gitflow or Trunk-based development
- Demonstrated ability to work well on highly collaborative scrum teams
- Comfort with *nix-based systems and the command prompt
- Experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with IaC concepts and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation, or similar
- Interest in working with various server languages and frameworks such as Golang, Haskell, or something other than Ruby