Covance Medical Technologist
Play a pivotal role in the drug development process and grow your career
Are you interested in making a real scientific impact through your everyday work? Would you enjoy working in a team-focused environment as you explore unique career opportunities?
If you are looking for a company where you can gain exposure to a wide variety of science and explore a multitude of career paths across the drug development spectrum, consider working at Covance as a Medical Technologist.
In this role, you will perform laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analysis to provide data, as specified, for required in clinical research protocols. You will also be expected to:
- Resolve technical specimen issues in preparation for analysis and specimen storage and routine and non-routine assay problems
- Ensure the validity of test results through the performance of established quality assurance and quality control procedures
- Perform experiments, as scheduled, for evaluation of new Calibrator and QC lots
- Receive, open and place in service all reagents and materials according to SOPs
- Perform testing, needed to ensure validity of material, prior to being placed into service
This position is located out of our Indianapolis, Indiana facility. Opportunities available in multiple departments and a variety of shifts!
Genomics - Safety Testing - Microbiology Education/Qualifications:U.S. Requirements
Individual must qualify as testing personnel under the following CLIA 1988 and New York State Department of Health requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science or other life science with completion of at least a 12-month training program in Medical Technology.
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited college or university and one year training and/or experience in the specialty in which testing is to be performed. Such training must be equivalent to that received in a school of Medical Technology.
- 90 semester hours from an accredited institution that include the following:
- 16 semester hours of biology courses, which are pertinent to the medical sciences
- 16 semester hours of chemistry (at least 6 semester hours of Inorganic Chemistry)
- 3 semester hours of math
- Completed an accredited clinical laboratory training program, or
- One year documented laboratory training or experience in the specialty that testing is to be performed.
- Associate's degree in medical laboratory technology
- no experience necessary if educational requirements met
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.