UXO Technician II
At ERRG, we believe that each of our projects are significant and the most critical ingredient for success is our people. Our people provide the talent, experience and passion that lies at the heart of every one of our projects. That is why we can provide the challenges and inspiration to help our people grow professionally and personally.
ERRG's MEC Division is seeking site-hire candidates who are self-motivated, dependable, strong communicators to be UXO Technician II's for various upcoming projects.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines precise location in field environment using a variety of techniques such as use of global positioning equipment, or basic land navigation techniques using topographical map and compass.
- Performs as a laborer or operator as needed in support of MEC operations.
- Conducts visual and/or detector-aided UXO and DMM field search activities.
- Locates subsurface UXO and DMM by operating geophysical detection instruments.
- Works in a team environment to successfully complete project goals.
- Communicates effectively with others; asks appropriate questions to clarify expectations.
- Accepts responsibility for meeting standards of quality required by ERRG.
- Takes ownership of assignments and sees them through to completion.
- Meets internal deadlines.
- Implements assignments in accordance with health and safety and quality control requirements.
- Adheres to project-specific and corporate-wide safety policies.
- Executes field activities; records and maintains adequate documentation.
- Maintains professional and capable image, while interacting with clients in the field.
- Performs field maintenance and calibration checks on geophysical detection instruments and related equipment.
- Removes non-hazardous munitions debris and range-related debris, only after such items have been inspected by UXO qualified personnel and determined to be safe for handling.
- Performs site/area security functions.
- Moves and/or consolidates UXO and DMM that have been determined acceptable for movement within an MRS, MRA, or active range, but not over public traffic routes.
- Transports demolition materials and/or UXO and DMM that have been determined safe for transport over public traffic routes, when required.
- Prepares firing systems, both electric and non-electric, for demilitarization operations.
- Operates personnel decontamination stations.
- Assists in the inspection of MPPEH for the presence of explosive hazards.
- Constructs UXO-related protective works.
- Properly stores explosive materials per applicable guidance.
- Performs field collection procedures to identify contaminated soil.
- Prepares on-site holding areas to temporarily stow MEC that has an acceptable risk of movement.
- Operates modes of transportation for transporting UXO, for which the risk of movement has been determined acceptable, when appropriate.
- Performs limited technical supervision of UXO sweep personnel.
- Escorts personnel who are not directly involved in UXO-related operations (e.g., personnel performing environmental monitoring, but have activities to perform with exclusion areas).
- Assists in the disposal of suspect MEC.
Grade Level Qualifications
- Graduate of a UXO Technician I Course or a Military EOD School of the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, or Australia.
- Have the 40hr HAZWOPER certification, along with any applicable 8hr HAZWOPER refresher course.
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position as mandated by DDESB Technical Paper 18 (TP-18).
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time to project sites, as needed.
- 5 years of documented MEC experience
- Ability to understand project requirements based on interpretation of project plans and specifications.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to stand up to 100% of shift.
- Must be able to bend over frequently.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs regularly.
- First Aid/CPR Certification
ERRG is committed to providing a safe work environment and to fostering the health and well-being of its employees. As part of the company's commitment to safeguard the wellbeing of its employees and to provide a safe environment for everyone, ERRG maintains a drug free workplace and complies with the Drug-Free Workplace Act.
ERRG is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.