UXO TECHNICIAN III
At ERRG, we believe that each of our projects are significant and the most critical ingredient for success is our people. Our people provide the talent, experience and passion that lies at the heart of every one of our projects. That is why we can provide the challenges and inspiration to help our people grow professionally and personally.
Our MEC Division is seekingsite hires who areself-motivated, independent, strong communicator and dependable individual to be a UXO Technician III for various upcoming projects.
A UXO Tech III may be a UXO Tech II with at least 8-10 years combined military EOD and contractor UXO experience. This individual must be able to fully perform all functions specified for sweep operations. In addition to being able to fully perform all of the UXO Tech I and Tech II duties, UXO Tech III personnel may conduct the following activities:
- Ensure compliance with a DoD Military Service- and/or DDESB-approved required explosives safety submissions (RESS)
- Supervise and perform on-site destruction or demilitarization of MEC in place or at a consolidated detonation site. This includes determining where and when it is safe to initiate destruction and when engineering controls are required to mitigate the effects of a detonation
- Implement an explosives storage plan per applicable guidance
- Prepare administrative reports required for munitions responses (e.g., daily UXO team report), operational range clearance activities and similar operations
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and work plans for munitions responses and operational range clearance activities
- Assist in the preparation of risk and hazard analyses
- Conduct daily site safety briefings
- Supervise the conduct of the different types of MEC-related activities performed at a site
- Determine if MDEH, which is not known or suspected to be UXO, is safe to ship and properly documented for transport over PTR per Technical Bulletin 700-2, Naval Sea Systems Command Instruction 8020.8C, Technical Order l IA-1-47
- Package military munitions, commercial explosives, and MDEH that has been determined safe for transport over PTR
- Serve as UXO team leader
- Graduate of a UXO Technician I Course or a Military EOD School of the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, or Australia.
- Have the 40hr HAZWOPER certification, along with any applicable 8hr HAZWOPER refresher course.
- Have the 8-hour HAZWOPER Management and Supervisor Training course certificate.
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position as mandated by DDESB Technical Paper 18 (TP-18).
- First Aid/CPR Certification.
ERRG is committed to providing a safe work environment and to fostering the health and well-being of its employees. As part of the company's commitment to safeguard the wellbeing of its employees and to provide a safe environment for everyone, ERRG maintains a drug free workplace and complies with the Drug-Free Workplace Act.
ERRG is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.