This position is accountable for all aspects of Quality Management on a Project (San Francisco International Airport), specific to technical related issues and communication of Quality related matters; supports Construction operations management, and other aspects of Construction Project Quality Control (QC).
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Implement the Construction Quality Control (QC) program to ensure compliance with quality standards and/or contract specific documents.
- Support Quality Manager and project teams with technical and/or Quality related issues to ensure project specification requirements are met.
- Conduct specification reviews, develop project QC/QA plans, review mix designs, review quality data and inspections and manage QC/QA subcontractors to ensure project success.
- Provide technical training and "on the spot" job coaching on material production on the project to craft and professional Team to ensure project requirements and production goals are met.
- Establish, maintain, and leverage relationships with local public agency technical staff, customers, and local inspection and testing companies.
- Work in alignment with Graniterock Safe Work Practices, Core Purpose, Values and Objectives and support "One Company" principles.
Education and Work Experience
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management or related field required.
- Master's degree in Engineering preferred.
- Regional or State Agency certification for material being sampled, tested and inspected desired.
- 5+ years of experience in construction project and/or lab testing with aggregates, asphalt and concrete and HMA mix design.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong technical knowledge of materials and construction concepts.
- Strong understanding and extensive experience in advanced HMA Mix Design and testing, asphalt plant and paving operations experience.
- General understanding of quality control requirements of user agencies such as Caltrans & FAA
- Ability to understand and interpret project plans and specifications.
- General understanding of statistical quality control procedures and data analysis for HMA, knowledge of construction materials and placement operations for soils, aggregates, HMA, CIR, CTB, PCC, etc.
- Excellent consultative and communication skills, and ability to interface effectively with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and within teams.
- Must be a self-starter and manage his/her day to day tasks
- Ability to work under little or no supervision while performing required testing and other daily tasks
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Advanced user with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to statistically analyze and present or report data
- Ability to lead technical training sessions for internal partners.
- Must be able to work in alignment with Graniterock's Safe Work Practices, Core Purpose, Values, and Objectives, and support "One Company" principles.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Must be able to work various shifts, including overnight, as required by business needs
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs safely from floor to hip height repeatedly throughout day