If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help public safety with technology and services to keep their communities safe around the world. Now more than ever, we're even more committed to our company mission to help them be their best in the moments that matter. We are a value-based company with a mission to serve our communities for a safer world.Job Description
Are you a strategist, technologist, planner, and marketer who wants to transform how we help those who keep our communities safe around the world?
The Software Portfolio team is seeking a proven marketer to lead our exciting and differentiated portfolio for our CommandCentral Suite as a Portfolio Manager. This is an end-to-end marketing role that requires strategic thinking, cross-group collaboration, a passion for technology, and new business models.Responsibilities
In this role, you will partner closely with the software engineering, product management, global marketing, launch & sales enablement, and internal stakeholders across Motorola Solutions to drive our strategy and plan for adoption and accelerated growth of our portfolio of software products.
You will have to analyze industry use cases, understand different customer needs, SaaS business models, and recommend offers to reach all customers that communicate the value of our products. We're looking for someone who can develop innovative approaches with shared value for our customers, our partners, and Motorola Solutions.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Build a world-class marketing plan to land our portfolio of CommandCentral and software products as the modern public safety software suite.
- Be the expert on SaaS and hybrid cloud services as a business, deeply understanding the business model, business drivers, opportunities and challenges.
- Deliver multi-audience value proposition, use cases and scenarios that ultimately demonstrates Motorola Solutions' thought leadership and technological edge.
- Collaborate with experts around the company to understand the portfolio of products as well as champion the software strategy and execution plan.
- Drive the strategy and plan for growing the business through sales, marketing, and partners.
- Work with teams across Motorola Solutions to develop offers and campaigns to execute this strategy.
- Partner with the global marketing team to drive our presence at company and major third-party events/marketing moments, including strategy & planning, content & messaging, and measurement & analysis.
- Partner closely with engineering teams to communicate customer voice, requirements and deliver improvements into our software products.
Basic RequirementsTravel Requirements10-25%Relocation ProvidedNonePosition TypeExperiencedReferral Payment PlanYes
- Minimum 5+ years experience in product marketing, product strategy, or product management experience running complex software products.
- Proven track record for growing new businesses and building strong cross-company relationships with multi-discipline stakeholders and senior executives.
- Solid understanding of SaaS, cloud technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends.
- Exceptional leadership skills and community building; must thrive working across organizational and cultural boundaries.
- Strong decision-making, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, and follow-through.
- Deals well with ambiguity and identifies systemic approaches to solving problems.
- Results driven; strong analytical skills with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Track record for building and landing audience-minded content that drives desired outcomes through modern mediums.
- Ability to deeply assess the competition and drive perception-shifting efforts that differentiate Motorola Solutions in compelling ways.
- Highly skilled in presenting insights in a concise, effective and influential manner to a variety of audiences, including senior executives on a regular basis.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.