Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
A Special Security Officer (SSO) is a specialized security position providing protective services at or around United State Federal Court Houses or other areas as assigned under a contract to the U.S. Marshals Service (USMS). SSO's in this classification generally provide security services under some limited supervision from a Lead SSO and the District Supervisor who reports to the Contract Manager (CM).
The SSO position is able to perform a variety of fixed-post, mobile, or foot patrols while maintaining situational awareness and making decisions and/or taking actions consistent with established post orders, facility rules, guidelines and protocols. Duties may include work in austere and uncomfortable conditions for prolonged periods of time, including periods of inclement weather, while performing walking, standing, searching, and surveillance or sitting duties essential to the performance of the security functions.
- Shall enforce the District's entry and identification system.
- Test and Report Emergency Equipment
- Patrol court facilities and grounds of the facility in accordance with applicable post orders.
- Shall man USMS authorized stationary posts.
- Shall provide focused surveillance on incoming traffic to entrances from inside or outside the facility in order to detect oncoming threats before reaching the screening area.
- May provide armed escort services for judges, court personnel, jurors, and other designated individuals.
- Provide security services for off-site and remote judicial functions where access to the site can be controlled and public screening conducted.
- Where applicable, shall direct traffic, control lights on court facility properties, and monitor vehicles and pedestrians as described in the post orders.
- May occasionally be assigned to provide courtroom security during hearings.
- Shall provide security presence in the courtroom, enforce federal law and judicial orders within the courthouse,
- Shall turn over any articles found in a court facility or designated facility to the COR and complete a CSO-003 within 24 hours after the incident occurs.
- Keep supervisors and managers informed of unusual occurrences and important events as detailed in post orders, rules, regulations, guidelines and protocols.
- Monitor alarms, radio traffic and other information sources. Dispatch or inform others as needed and authorized.
- Report and appropriately address fire alarms, burglary alarms, requests for assistance and criminal acts;
- Stop, screen, inquire, and inspect vehicles and pedestrians entering and / or exiting the facility as directed by post orders, rules, regulations, guidelines and protocols.
- Properly use equipment issued or available for use.
- Prevent passage of prohibited articles onto or off client facility.
- Escort individuals or vehicles in accordance with post orders, rules, regulations, guidelines and protocols.
- Maintain all necessary licensing, certifications, training and records for legal employment for the Security Guard position;
- Use portable radios, phones or other communication devises appropriately and according to established rules.
- Monitor all equipment; guard against loss or damage; report any such loss or damage immediately to a supervisor or manager.
- Perform necessary work regardless of weather conditions.
- Log in Property Pass numbers for authorized property/equipment movements.
- Ensure the security of government property, detaining personnel using the mantrap when needed, and reporting anyone involved with unauthorized property/equipment removal.
- Conduct regular patrols and inspections of buildings and facilities
- Issue required badges or passes to authorized personnel.
- Monitor electronic access control and report violations
- Monitor radio-frequency identification (RFID) systems and respond to alarms indicating unauthorized removal of government property.
- Grant access to areas during non-working hours to authorized personnel in accordance with the established procedure and access lists.
- Monitor facility equipment and utility systems and report deficiencies to personnel responsible for repairs.
- Perform random surveillance of buildings for the detection of unauthorized or inappropriate activity.
- Perform random surveillance of fence line for breaches and the detection of unauthorized removal of government property, illegal or inappropriate activity.
- Provide additional security support for scheduled events that may occur during or after duty hours or for unscheduled emergencies as requested by supervisor
- Maintain activity logs and administrative documents as required by contract.
- Contact, assist, and cooperate with local, state or federal law enforcement; locate, retain and protect necessary evidence; testify as necessary in judicial and administrative proceedings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum of 3 years of verifiable civilian law enforcement experience OR an equivalent position with the United States Armed Forces (military). The experience must include general arrest authority. All three (3) years shall have occurred within the last seven (7) years.
- Must have successfully completed or graduated from a certified Federal, state, county, local or military law enforcement training academy or program that provided instruction on the use of police powers in an armed capacity while dealing with the public. The certificate shall be recognized by a Federal, state, county, local or military authority, and provide evidence that an individual is eligible for employment as a law enforcement officer.
- Must submit to and successfully complete pre-placement screening and evaluation, which includes submission to a criminal background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Must be able to pass criminal background screen, drug test and physical exam.
- Possess a valid, unrestricted (except eyeglass wear) state driver's license.
- Fluently read, speak, comprehend, and compose coherent written reports in English.
- Must be able to meet medical/physical fitness requirements.
- Must be free from conviction of any felony.
- Be free from conviction of any misdemeanor crime of domestic violence in accordance with United States Code Title 18 U.S.C. * 922 (g)(9) Unlawful acts.
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.
The position may require extensive sitting, watching monitors, walking around the facility outside in rain, wind or other poor weather conditions and kneeling and stooping to look under or inside vehicles or containers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear, stand, walk, use hands to handle, or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and taste or smell.
- The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves anything from 10 to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Work in austere and uncomfortable conditions for prolonged periods, including periods of inclement weather, while performing walking, standing, searching, and surveillance or sitting duties essential to the performance of the security functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet
Constellis provides end-to-end risk management and comprehensive security solutions to safeguard people and infrastructure. Operating globally and based in the Washington D.C. area, our employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality, and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers, Constellis' solutions include a range of services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers.