Systems Field Supervisor
RHCC Fremont CA
Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation is looking for a Systems Field Supervisor to join our Systems team. This role supervises job site activities during installation of automated storage, conveyor and other integrated systems projects as well as projects involving static storage rack, mezzanines, wire guidance and related material handling products. Directs job progress, controls installation costs and ensures accuracy of completed job as directed by the Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Provides on-site supervision of installation projects, and works closely with RHSI Project Manager to provide accurate and timely installation.
- Provide some mechanical/electrical controls assembly to assist the installers when needed.
- Completes installation projects while minimizing or eliminating cost overruns.
- Verifies site dimensions, obstructions, power feeds and other items needed for a successful installation.
- Maintains project installation schedules and conveys the goals to the sub-contractor leads.
- Identifies and presents for discussion all potential job cost savings with the RHSI Project Manager.
- Maintains systematic planning and accountability records including job site safety.
- May be required to provide permit submittals and supports the permit inspections.
- Communications is key to keeping our Project Manager and Sales Team informed of progress and any issues that develop so they can plan communications to the customer in a timely manner.
Experience and Skills
Qualified candidates must
- Be familiar with:
- Seismic design requirements
- Conveyor/Automated Storage system components and installation of same
- Mezzanine construction
- Wire Guidance installations
- Rack and shelving installations
- Possess knowledge and understanding forklift styles including Narrow Aisle, Very Narrow Aisle, Counterbalance, and IC equipment and how they interface with storage racks.
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision; demonstrate drive and initiative while responding to rapidly varying requirements.
- Able to communicate effectively in person, by telephone and in writing with Company, sub-contractor and customer employees at all levels.
- Able to demonstrate competence in application concepts, designs, installations and acceptance of systems according to applicable codes.
- Be able to implement projects accurately and completely according to proposals and contract acceptance (as supplied by the RHSI Project Manager)
- Be able to exercise rigorous judgment about operational success, costs and equipment needed to complete the project.
- Be proficient with, and able to train others in the operation of power equipment and hand tools that are encountered in installation projects.
- Able to schedule appointments and adapt to unexpected changes as necessary.
- Willing to continually learn new products and procedures.
- Must be able to manage time effectively.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Willing and able to learn quickly and perform accurately and neatly with a degree of flexibility.
- Minimum 5 years experience in application design and/ or installation of mechanical structural systems (rack, mezzanine, conveyor, automated storage systems, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
RHCC provides competitive, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance, life insurance, personal time off, holiday pay and a great team to work with!
Check us out at . Raymond Handling Concepts has a great group of loyal and hardworking employees who help us maintain our exemplary level of sales and service.
Apply on-line via the submit resume button provided. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We encourage qualified military veterans and persons with disabilities to submit their resume on line. We are a drug free company.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR * 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
It has been, and will continue to be, the policy of Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with this policy, Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation will continue to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels the most qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. RHCC welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V