Who We Are
At, a Chegg Online Learning Service, we believe that if schools put in even half the amount of effort that students do the outcomes would be better for everyone. People would have a path to a fulfilling future, instead of being buried under debt. Employers would benefit from a workforce trained for today. And education could finally offer students a return on their investment of both money and time.
We put in outlandish amounts of effort to create an education that offers our students a guaranteed return on their investment. We partner with employers to create a world-class curriculum built for today. We go to the ends of the earth to find mentors who are the best of the best. We invest more in career servicesfor our studentsthan any of our peers. We work hard to be on the ground in the cities our students are. Simply put, no otherschool worksas hard for its students as we do. Students enroll inThinkfulcourses to gain the valuable technical and professional skills needed to take them from curious learners to employed technologists.
The Careers team atThinkfulrequires a well written and highly communicative Careers Graderfor a remote contract position. You will reviewand&provide writtenand livefeedback to our students on their resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, andinterviewing skills.
You should love to write and to read other people's writing, be an exceptional communicator and have experience in resume writing, career preparation or human resource functions in the tech industry.
In addition to reviewing written work, you will also be responsible for conducting behavioral assessments live with our students-andfor providingfeedback. You will work on our platform and are expected to workoff of our rubrics and templates while also providing a level of personalized feedback.
This is a remote position.
- We expect this role to involve 2-4 hours of work per day
- We expect you to review written assignments and provide personalized written feedback within 1 businessday
- Conduct Assessments (live mock interviews) and/or as requested, work with students to polish their online profiles via videomeeting
- Work with students to polish their onlineprofiles;including resumes and LinkedIn profiles
- As requested, develop and optimizeThinkfultemplates for resumes, online portfolios and other tools used to help graduates gethired
- Provide insight into tech hiring requirements as they relate to a person's profile
- Take a consultative approach to ensure you are building a student's confidence while coaching them on their brand assets
- Communicate and coordinate withThinkfulgraduates across the USA and withThinkful'sinternal Careers team
- Stay up to date on our products, marketplace, and the latest industry developments
- Expected to attend one team meeting biweekly
- As requested, attend team meetings or view call recordings asynchronously
- 1099 continuous Contract opportunity, on averageCareers Graders work 10-25 hours per week
- Able to work on ascheduled basis on weekdays and/or weekends
- Professional resume writingbackground;CPRW and/or NCRW certification is preferred, but not required
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability toself manageassigned workload,work under pressureand meet strictdeadlines
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Google Docs with a strong aptitude for formatting
- Solid tech and industry knowledge with ability to understand relevant tech skills, and how they apply to target companies
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to engage primarily through written communication, so strong writing skills are essential
- If you are interested in thispositionplease provide your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role.
- We stand against any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.Thinkfulprovides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. If you're talented and driven, please apply.
- Thinkfulcan only hire candidates who are eligible to work in the United States.
- United States Remote: This is a remote-based opportunity that may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.