The Lead Production Worker (Lead) is intended to assist in the flow of production. Leads make assignments and distribute workloads. Leads manage day-to-day workflow within a department. Leads are not supervisors and do not have the authority to discipline employees or modify work schedules. Additionally, Leads are responsible for the accurate and quality preparation of carts for shipment to customer locations. Leads work as a team, provide direction, instructions and guidance, and may assist the team by packing carts with quality linen, ensuring all orders are filled accurately, accepting or rejecting linen as necessary and loading carts onto delivery trucks as conditions require.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will work within a team of people performing similar duties. Along with one or more team members, a Lead Worker may perform some or all of the following duties during a given shift:
- Demonstrate how to properly perform work tasks in order to yield high quality results in a safe and fully compliant manner
- Point out individual Quality issues and examples of what does and does not meet acceptance criteria
- Share Best Practice information for tasks being performed
- Check packing orders to ensure quality and accuracy
- Line carts with plastic
- Retrieve cleaned/dried linens and accurately load them into carts, ensuring only quality linen gets loaded
- Weigh carts and enter weight into a computer
- Load carts onto delivery truck as conditions require
- Other duties as necessary
- Reading and writing comprehension, computer and math skills typically associated with a high school level education
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Strong teamwork skills- ready and willing to work closely with team members
- Ability to consistently meet performance standards
- Open to and able to work day or night shifts, and willing to rotate shifts depending on production need
- Open to long hours and working weekends (Sat/Sun)
- High School Diploma
- Prior experience working in a plant environment
- Prior experience working for Angelica
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The position requires constant standing, bending, stooping, walking and the ability to lift and handle material with weight up to 50 pounds or more. Constant pushing/pulling of laundry carts with weights of 250 lbs is common with some cart weights exceeding 600 lbs. Physical Requirements consist of being able to meet the physical demands for the entire shift.
This position exists primarily within the plant environment. The service center environment is typically warm with noise, wet areas, chemicals, and other hazards.
Angelica Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The company promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans. Consistent with Angelica's commitment to equal employment opportunity, if you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying electronically for a position with Angelica, please contact us at 678-823-4204 or . Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Angelica Corporation participates in the E-Verify Program (Department of Homeland Security) which electronically verifies the employment eligibility, identity, and Social Security number validity of all new hires and rehires.