Working for Webcor is an experience unlike any other. One of the principles our founders baked into our DNA is that people come first. Fifty years later, our people and our values remain at the center of everything we do. Our clients agree that it's the people we assign to their projects that seal the deal. Our higher calling is to build solutions and better lives. This includes devising ways to build diverse, high-profile, and innovative structures, many of which have become iconic parts of the skylines where we work (mainly the Bay Area, Los Angeles, and San Diego). It also means crafting career paths that accommodate the individual goals of our people through rotation plans, volunteer opportunities, and other people-focused approaches. A key to achieving these goals is creating an inclusive environment that is not only diverse, but also inclusive and equitable. We are also builders, with collaboration and transparency routine between our Core & Shell and Special Projects groups and our self-perform operations: Webcor Concrete, Webcor Drywall, and Webcor Carpentry. We better lives through involvement in the community, corporate philanthropy, a deep commitment to sustainability, a culture of leadership, and an employee experience that features financial, health, and wellness benefits. Whether you are a craft specialist, an experienced professional, or a graduate seeking your first opportunity, Webcor will deliver an unparalleled experience for you.
A Virtual Design & Construction Manager:
- Supports and manages the project team to find solutions to design issues and constructability challenges
- Collaborates with other Trade Coordinators and other VDC Project Managers to resolve technical VDC issues, and reaches out to internal departments, vendors or other resources if necessary
- Manage and publish the VDC coordination schedule on a regular basis.
- Creates baseline coordination schedule with the Trade Coordinator's assistance and tracks coordination progress
- Monitors and sustains companywide VDC standards by leading Operational VDC best practices specific to2D/3D Coordination
- Oversees collaboration with Back Office and ensures invoices are being reviewed and processed by the individual projects to avoid delay in wire payment
- Ensures that the project team understand the Specifications of the Prime Contract that relates to their VDC specific responsibilities and enforces Contract requirements
- Documents and reports Coordination issues with the 3D models and/or Contract Documents
- Ensures QA/QC of Coordination models are being performed continuously throughout the Coordination process
- Provides a review and feedback on the projects Buyout schedule to ensure Webcor is scheduling the Subcontractor's on time and eliminating risk in the Coordination process
- Prepares and monitors pricing for Back Office deliverables such as Clash Detection, Bluebeam Comparison, Document Control and Gap Modeling
- Ensures all Submittals and Reference documents generated internally are reported in a systematic and traceable manner
- Mitigate risk on behalf of Webcor
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
- A Bachelor's degree (preferably in Construction Management, Civil or Mechanical Engineering, or Architecture) or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 yearsof BIM/VDC experience in constructionprojects involving preconstruction or construction operations, to include two to three years as a Trade Coordinator, Assistant Superintendent or Assistant Project Manager.
- Working knowledge of cost control, budgeting, contracts, billing, and forecasting
- Strong ability to plan, problem solve, and troubleshoot with multi-disciplinary teams
- LEED AP is preferred but not required
- Meticulous attention to detail and a high standard of quality
- Stays current with new technologies;VDC software, integration and other applicable practices
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully lead, develop and manage direct reports
Webcor is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.