Independent Electric Supply, Inc. (IES) opened in 1976 with ten employees to serve electrical contractors working in the high-tech aerospace industry. Today, IES operates 16 electrical supply branches in the Northern California area, San Francisco Bay area, Central Valley, Central Coastand 7 locations throughout Arizona. IES focuses on traditional electrical supply with dedicated specialists in lighting, switchgear, wire management, tool & safety, renewable energy and enhance logistics solutions to meet specific customer needs. Employing more than 525 people and managing over 1 million square feet of warehouse space, IES is one of the strongest electrical distributors in the markets we serve.
In August 2011, IES was acquired by Sonepar USA consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Leads and coordinates activities of personnel responsible for planning/routing daily delivery routes, helping drivers during the loading process, troubleshooting errors throughout the day, assisting sales associates with delivery related issues, managing delivery drivers, company vehicles, customer relations, and maintaining DOT files.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analysis, creation and modification of truck delivery routes
- Creation of delivery routes & manifests via the On-Demand Routing software
- Manage the loading of trucks & assist the drivers during the loading process
- DOT oversight & JJ Keller Driver Log maintenance
- Perform truck maintenance inspections
- Ensure delivery of material to customers and/or branch locations
- Provide excellent customer service
- Perform annual performance reviews and corrective actions as required
- Supervise drivers and support staff
- Multi-task and continually prioritize tasks to be completed throughout the day
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- This position supervises 21 drivers and 1 routing coordinator.
- This position works in a normal office environment as well as a warehouse environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. while working in the office. The noise level in the warehouse environment is usually moderate and temperature can change based on the season. This position also requires frequent travel to customer sites, which can be in a variety of environments including outdoor with inclement weather.
- Work is sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 60% of the time.
- Work can involve the operation of forklift, equipment such as pallet jacks and climb ladders; bend, stoop, lift and move objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
Through previous background and experience, the candidate must be able to demonstrate, with or without an accommodation:
- Good and dependable mathematic, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. on regular basis; up to 70 lbs. occasionally
- Forklift and pallet jack experience
- Reliable, responsible, and a great work ethic
- Microsoft Word and Excel Skills preferred
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Acceptable driving record
- Possess in depth knowledge of IES computer systems
- Must be a team player and abide by IES's strong core values and beliefs